Crossword Solver > Clues > Crossword-Clue: evil spirit
EVIL SPIRIT Crossword Clue
Synonyms for evil spirit.
We found 6 Synonyms
- Fiends, devil,evil spirits (92.23%)
- An evil spirit (92.08%)
- evil spirits (84.82%)
- Buddhism evil spirit (79.59%)
- Evil or mischievous spirit (79.59%)
- Evil spirit approaches? (79.59%)
- domain of evil spirits (73.31%)
- Free of evil spirits (73.31%)
- An evil spirit of a dead person (70.09%)
- FEMALE spirits, good or evil (64.56%)
Know another solution for crossword clues containing evil spirit ? Add your answer to the crossword database now.
- evil spirit with 6 Letters
- evil spirit with 7 Letters
- evil spirit with 8 Letters
- Crossword Tips
Clue: Evil spirit
Referring crossword puzzle answers, likely related crossword puzzle clues.
- Little rascal
Recent usage in crossword puzzles:
- Newsday - July 2, 2023
- LA Times - March 9, 2023
- Universal Crossword - Nov. 12, 2022
- USA Today - July 30, 2022
- USA Today - Jan. 8, 2022
- USA Today - Sept. 1, 2021
- Penny Dell - Aug. 7, 2021
- Evening Standard - July 5, 2021
- Evening Standard - March 3, 2021
- USA Today - Jan. 27, 2021
- Evening Standard - Dec. 8, 2020
- New York Times - June 20, 2020
- Penny Dell - May 26, 2020
- Penny Dell - Feb. 23, 2020
- USA Today - Feb. 12, 2020
- Penny Dell - Aug. 28, 2019
- Penny Dell - July 8, 2019
- Penny Dell - June 14, 2019
- Newsday - June 12, 2019
- Newsday - March 20, 2019
- Crossword Clues
- Evil spirit
Evil spirit (Crossword clue)
We found 23 answers for “evil spirit” ..
If you haven't solved the crossword clue Evil spirit yet try to search our Crossword Dictionary by entering the letters you already know! (Enter a dot for each missing letters, e.g. “P.ZZ..” will find “PUZZLE”.)
- Evil Indian spirit (1)
- Evil Jewish spirit (1)
- Evil Mennonite spirit`s mate of p... (1)
- Evil spirit (23)
- Evil spirit alleged to feed on de... (1)
- Evil spirit approaches (1)
- Evil spirit in Hinduism (1)
- Evil spirit in Oriental tales (1)
- Evil spirit of Persian religion (1)
- Evil spirit of the Hindus (1)
- Evil spirit or ghost (1)
- Evil spirit to whom faust sold hi... (1)
- Evil spirit who backs his favorit... (1)
- Evil spirit, in Haiti (1)
- Evil spirit, in mythology (1)
- Evil spirit: var (1)
- Evil spirits (3)
- Evil spirits that lie on persons ... (1)
- Guardians of the green (1)
- Not self-conscious (1)
- Shooter without ammo (1)
- Brand on Barbie boxes (1)
- Hedgehog mascot of Sega (1)
- Entrance fees (1)
- Simply loathe (1)
- Exxon Mobil brand (1)
- Identified (6)
- Tarot deck grouping (1)
- Form-fitting (3)
- Distorting (1)
- Provoke (55)
- Under, in Italian (1)
EVIL SPIRITS Crossword Clue & Answer
All solutions for evil spirits, synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for evil spirits.
We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word evil spirits will help you to finish your crossword today. We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find.
evil spirits 5 letter words
Evil spirits 6 letter words, evil spirits 7 letter words, evil spirits 8 letter words, evil spirits 10 letter words, evil spirits 12 letter words, top answers for evil spirits crossword clue from newspapers.
Thanks for visiting The Crossword Solver "evil spirits".
We've listed any clues from our database that match your search for "evil spirits". There will also be a list of synonyms for your answer. The synonyms and answers have been arranged depending on the number of characters so that they're easy to find.
If a particular answer is generating a lot of interest on the site today, it may be highlighted in orange.
If your word "evil spirits" has any anagrams, you can find them with our anagram solver or at this site.
We hope that you find the site useful.
Regards, The Crossword Solver Team
More clues you might be interested in
- done openly
- military meal
- knotted threadwork
- on a ship, train or plane
- final greek letter
- raise to a higher standard or rank
- ungraciously curt
- menial worker
- type of oil
- japanese poem
- capital of switzerland
- request forcibly
- made gradually smaller at one end
- Legal Notice
- Missing Link
- Privacy Settings
- Made with love from Mark & Crosswordsolver.com
evil spirit : crossword clues
Food & Drink
[ kee-ahr- uh - sky oo r -oh ]
- Phone This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
- Word finder
- Crossword clues
Search for crossword answers and clues.
Answer for the clue "Evil spirits ", 7 letters: daemons
Alternative clues for the word daemons
- Nature spirits of Greek myth
- Guardian spirits
- Inferior deities
Word definitions for daemons in dictionaries
Wiktionary Word definitions in Wiktionary n. (plural of daemon English)
Usage examples of daemons.
But his personal daemons had tormented him to the point when even the pleasures of Swanholm Palace could no longer distract him from his desire for revenge.
But every time Jaro took a sword in his hand, he began to battle daemons , the shadows that haunted his dreams.
They felt, or they fancied, that on every side they were incessantly assaulted by daemons , comforted by visions, instructed by prophecy, and surprisingly delivered from danger, sickness, and from death itself, by the supplications of the church.
- Quick Solve
- Solution Wizard
- Clue Database
- Crossword Forum
- Anagram Solver
- Online Crosswords
Evil spirit - Crossword Clue
Below are possible answers for the crossword clue Evil spirit .
5 letter answer(s) to evil spirit
- a cruel wicked and inhuman person
- an evil supernatural being
- someone extremely diligent or skillful; "he worked like a demon to finish the job on time"; "she's a demon at math"
- (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
- a rowdy or mischievous person (usually a young man); "he chased the young hellions out of his yard"
- a word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say"
- cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations;
- coat or stuff with a spicy paste; "devilled eggs"
- a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill
- an evil spirit or ghost
- someone who takes bodies from graves and sells them for anatomical dissection
3 letter answer(s) to evil spirit
- (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous
- one who is playfully mischievous
Other crossword clues with similar answers to 'Evil spirit'
Still struggling to solve the crossword clue 'evil spirit'.
If you're still haven't solved the crossword clue Evil spirit then why not search our database by the letters you have already!
- Words By Letter:
- Clues By Letter:
- » Home
- » Quick Solve
- » Solution Wizard
- » Clue Database
- » Crossword Help Forum
- » Anagram Solver
- » Dictionary
- » Crossword Guides
- » Crossword Puzzles
- » Contact
© 2023 Crossword Clue Solver. All Rights Reserved. Crossword Clue Solver is operated and owned by Ash Young at Evoluted Web Design . Optimisation by SEO Sheffield .
- Clue Search
- Word Search
- Submit New Clue
- Support the Site
Clue: Evil spirit
We have 7 answers for the clue Evil spirit . See the results below.
- Tiny terror
- Little pest
- "The Bottle ___" (Stevenson tale)
- Mischievous one
- Supernatural being
- Little troublemaker
Last Seen In:
- LA Times - March 09, 2023
- USA Today - September 01, 2021
- USA Today - January 27, 2021
- New York Times - June 20, 2020
- USA Today - February 12, 2020
- Netword - June 12, 2019
- Netword - March 20, 2019
- LA Times - January 08, 2019
- New York Times - July 24, 2018
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - January 03, 2018
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - October 31, 2017
- Netword - October 09, 2017
- Universal - June 19, 2017
- LA Times - January 02, 2017
- Universal - September 18, 2016
- Netword - September 05, 2016
- King Syndicate - Eugene Sheffer - August 11, 2016
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - February 06, 2016
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - January 19, 2016
- Washington Post - January 25, 2015
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - January 23, 2015
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - January 10, 2015
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - March 15, 2014
- Netword - February 17, 2013
- Netword - September 24, 2012
- LA Times - July 22, 2012
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - July 06, 2012
- Netword - June 25, 2012
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - May 18, 2012
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - March 10, 2012
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - January 27, 2012
- Netword - September 30, 2011
- King Syndicate - Thomas Joseph - October 27, 2010
- Washington Post - October 06, 2010
- Netword - October 14, 2009
Found an answer for the clue Evil spirit that we don't have? Then please submit it to us so we can make the clue database even better!
Having trouble solving the crossword clue " Evil spirit "? Why not give our database a shot. You can search by using the letters you already have!
To enhance your search results and narrow down your query, you can refine them by specifying the number of letters in the desired word. Additionally, if you already know certain letters within the word, you can provide them in the form of a pattern using the symbol "?" to represent unknown letters. Let's take an example pattern: "d?f???ul?".
Best answers for Evil spirit – Crossword Clue
Submit New Clue / Answer
Likely related crossword puzzle clues
Based on the answers listed above, we also found some clues that are possibly similar or related.
- Spirit of an evil evil spirit? Crossword Clue
- legendary evil or mischievous creature; a grotesquely evil or evil-like phantom. Crossword Clue
- "See no evil, ... no evil, speak no evil..." Crossword Clue
- Spirit of an evil evil sp Crossword Clue
- Evil eye .... ward off Evil in Middle East culture Crossword Clue
- See No Evil ... No Evil (Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder comedy) Crossword Clue
- “... No Evil, Hear No Evil” Crossword Clue
- '... unto them that call evil good, and good evil': Isaiah Crossword Clue
- Evil is as evil ... Crossword Clue
- ... Myers, actor who played Austin Powers and his evil twin Dr. Evil in the "Austin Powers" series Crossword Clue
- Evil (and an anagram of "evil") Crossword Clue
- What an evil spirit does Crossword Clue
- Evil spirit Crossword Clue
- evil spirit said to rob graves Crossword Clue
- Evil spirit seen for a short time in the study Crossword Clue
- Relaxed next to an evil spirit Crossword Clue
- begin to show evil spirit Crossword Clue
- Revolutionary gnome admired, not entirely an evil spirit Crossword Clue
- Evil, grave-robbing spirit Crossword Clue
- Youth incorporates good and evil spirit Crossword Clue
- Action against evil spirit – head of church has six more dancing around Crossword Clue
- returning wanderer tackles source of evil spirit Crossword Clue
- Evil spirit making November follow March Crossword Clue
- Hindu mythological evil spirit Crossword Clue
Evil spirit Crossword Clue and Answers
Looking for answers to the "Evil spirit" crossword clue? it's your lucky day, we have them! Today we have 10 crossword solutions for Evil spirit .
We most recently saw this clue in Evening Standard Easy Crossword .
We deem Evil spirit to be a VERY COMMON crossword clue as we've seen it more than 10 times in a variety of crossword publications.
If you have a moment we'd love for you to join our growing crossword community and contribute some answers of your own.
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Monday, 5 Jul 2021
- The Daily Mail Smallest Hardest - Thursday, 20 May 2021
- The New York Times Mini - Tuesday, 18 May 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021
- USA Today - Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021
- Evening Standard Easy Crossword - Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020
- Irish Times Simplex Crossword - Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020
- The New York Times Crossword - Saturday, 20 Jun 2020
- The Daily Mail Quick - Saturday, 26 Jan 2019
- The Guardian Speedy - Sunday, 21 Oct 2018
- The New York Times Crossword - Tuesday, 24 Jul 2018
I M P (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous
B O G Y An unidentified (and possibly enemy) aircraft
B O G E Y An evil spirit
D E V I L A word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say"
D E M O N Someone extremely diligent or skillful; "he worked like a demon to finish the job on time"; "she's a demon at math"
G H O U L An evil spirit or ghost
F I E N D A person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause); "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill
G O B L I N (folklore) a small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings
D A E M O N A person who is part mortal and part god
L U C I F E R (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
Privacy Statement | Report Page | Contact Us
- Thomas Joseph Crossword
- September 15 2023
While searching our database we found the following answers for: Evil spirit crossword clue. This crossword clue was last seen on September 15 2023 Thomas Joseph Crossword puzzle . The solution we have for Evil spirit has a total of 5 letters.
We have found 0 other crossword clues with the same answer.
Other September 15 2023 Puzzle Clues
There are a total of 102 clues in September 15 2023 crossword puzzle.
- Genesis woman
- “True Blood” star Paquin
- Plain silly
If you have already solved this crossword clue and are looking for the main post then head over to Thomas Joseph Crossword September 15 2023 Answers
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Enter your email to get the latest answers right in your inbox.
Puzzles by Date
Facts and figures.
There are a total of 1 crossword puzzles on our site and 44,635 clues.
The shortest answer in our database is IRE which contains 3 Characters.
Fury is the crossword clue of the shortest answer.
The longest answer in our database is EDMUNDSPENSER which contains 13 Characters.
“The Faerie Queene” poet is the crossword clue of the longest answer.
Thomas Joseph Crossword Answers In Your Inbox!
Get all the Thomas Joseph Crossword Puzzle Answers delivered straight to your inbox absolutely FREE!
Letters: spirit of mmp, crown tax, marine reserves, palestinian conflict, and child poverty.
Share this article
Reminder, this is a Premium article and requires a subscription to read.
The Beehive in Wellington. Photo / Mark Mitchell
Against the spirit of MMP
MMP was introduced so that Parliament was more responsive to different interest groups. For each party to be effective they need to be part of the government, as it is very difficult to get change in Opposition. When constituents vote, they do so with the expectation their party could be part of government. However, this becomes a lottery when parties unilaterally decide not to entertain an opportunity to form a government with a particular party. When this occurs, the intention of MMP is defeated, and so is democracy. On the other hand, a 5 per cent party should not be able to blackmail major parties to obtain unrealistic gains. New legislation should be introduced so there is a time limit on negotiations to form a government after election results are known. Negotiations should be made public so voters can be assured there is good faith. Such legislation should stop the circus that can emanate from behind the closed doors of the Beehive.
Reg Dempster, Albany
When councils are facing huge costs to update infrastructure, why is no political party calling for the Government to start paying rates? It owns significant properties including schools, hospitals and other building but pays nothing for all the council services they enjoy. Why should ratepayers subsidise them? It is time to review the Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 which makes the Crown exempt from paying rates.
Janie Weir, Newmarket.
Fishing for votes
Marine reserves are the best and smartest thing we can do locally to improve inshore and some offshore marine ecosystems and fisheries. But I had a good laugh at the Government’s recent announcement of five or six new marine reserves on the southeastern coast of the South Island. Apart from the obvious attempt to gain voters who support conservation, this could still be a good thing. But a story in the Herald sets out some disturbing facts. These reserves are mostly far too small to protect an ecosystem and then it turns out the reserves are not no-take but local fishers and in some cases only iwi/hapu can still harvest these tiny areas. This is pathetic. Māori customary rights must give way to conservation. The Government did virtually nothing for six years for marine protection and now they offer this nonsense. Any new Government will likely be no better and maybe worse. Maybe one day we will realise our foolishness and take real action, like banning the export of the wild inshore fishery, so New Zealanders can have a truly sustainable and affordable feed.
Bill Carlin, Glendowie.
Within a week of the election the National Party are already threatening to break their word and increase the costs of the election by forcing a second election. Such a move may turn the voters away from National/Act, who are both being led by very inexperienced leaders.
David Mairs, Glendowie.
When looking at the carefully co-ordinated multi-pronged incursion of Palestinian militants into Israel, does it really come as any great surprise that the most volatile powder keg on the planet has exploded? As globally-verified annual reports from Amnesty International set out, the sheer number of Palestinians killed each year by the Israeli military — the majority innocent civilians and children, frequently by way of extrajudicial executions — came to over 250 in 2022 alone. Over 10,000 Palestinians were seriously injured last year alone. More than 2000 Palestinian homes were arbitrarily demolished and thousands of people forcibly evicted at gunpoint by both the Israeli government forces and aggressive, illegal Jewish settlers, all given impunity and free rein by the Netanyahu regime. A never-ending bloodbath that Israel’s benefactor and armourer, the United States, will almost certainly make even worse. And on and on it will go.
Peter Cook, Lynfield.
Can someone please tell me why politicians engage in such bizarre behaviour at election time, eg hugging babies, primary school visits, serving food etc? How is going to a primary school and reading stories to 5-year-olds going to get them a vote? Last time I checked, 5-year-olds can’t vote.
Jock MacVicar, Hauraki
Lack of initiative
A significant number of people consider Christopher Luxon lacks not only leadership abilities, talent and political nous but now he confesses to an inability to work in a team elected by voters. I’ll make this quite clear. We do not want another election! We do not want the cost! We do not want the hassle! There is absolutely no reason why the two centre parties, plus the Greens and Te Pati Maori hopefully, can’t form the next government. You have made it quite obvious that you are desperate to win; too desperate some might think. Show some initiative! Show some statesmanship! Show some knowledge of MMP!
Heather Mackay, Kerikeri
I applaud Susan Glasgow’s plea for voters not to forget the issue of New Zealand children in poverty this election ( NZ Herald, October 5 ). A related issue left off the table this year is education, and in particular, primary education. Children who miss out on a quality primary education will be unable to move from the situations their families live in and their poverty will be perpetuated in the next generation. We no longer have a rich curriculum and quality staff in primary schools in New Zealand. While it is important for teachers to understand where children come from in their lives, it is also crucial to know where they might go. And with quality teachers, most children can get there and become wonderful citizens. Yet the heights children might aspire to cannot be visualised by many of our teachers because, under the current broken training system, very few new teachers are well-educated themselves. This underlines the poverty of vision that our politicians have for the children who are our future. This poverty has struck most forcefully at the areas of Northland, the East Coast and other rural areas, where well-educated and qualified teachers are in extremely short supply. In fact many classes seem to have aides or teachers in training in front of them. The apparent answer to this has been to allow “by local, for local” teacher training. But it misses the point that many of these people have limited high school education themselves and can not get the quality mentoring that one might receive in an area which has plenty of teachers to choose quality staff from (read upper-middle class areas). The children from my area deserve more than they are getting. They deserve good reading, writing, maths, science, history, music, arts and literature tuition. They are not getting it from all of their teachers, and they should be. So let’s fix the teacher training system. Vote for that this year too.
Judy Bogaard. Wairoa
Fitt for purpose?
Pharmac boss Sarah Fitt seems to lack empathy for her stakeholders. Criticism from the likes of Dr Ruth Spearing in the NZ Herald is right on point. Fitt’s appropriateness for the role should be carefully reviewed by the new minister at the earliest opportunity.
Paul Jamieson, Omaha.
Let it flow
Oh my goodness, how the referees make watching the World Cup so frustrating. Many a good move and try is analysed by referees, either after getting words in their ear microphone from a match referee or making a decision themselves to review some petty infringement, then spending five minutes going over frame after frame and spoiling the game’s continuity. We need to accept that some mistakes happen and are maybe not picked up but so what, let the game flow. The only plus is that it gives you time to get a cup of tea and do a bit of gardening before the game continues.
Alan Walker, St Heliers.
Does Ian Foster not realise that having a settled team of 23 All Blacks, and playing them consistently, builds cohesion? Just like Ireland and South Africa. It looks like the coach’s inner Jedi has been lost in space. Previous coaches have made the mistake of playing players out of their normal position and losing cohesion, and then games. It seems realisation comes afterwards. Something about the rarefied atmosphere that lets coaches think they are infallible. We fully support the team, but could management do better?
Gary Carter, Gulf Harbour.
Short & sweet
Well, this time next week Christopher Luxon will be New Zealand’s Prime Minister and our All Blacks would have beaten Ireland so won’t it be a truly wonderful weekend for us all? Bring it on. Bernard Walker, Pāpāmoa.
Investigations by National’s Dr Shane Reti make it clear that we need Dr Reti involved in managing our health services, for the benefit of all New Zealanders. Rod Milne, Taupō.
Six years ago, no one thought that Winston Peters would go into a coalition with Labour, there is no doubt, that even after lots of grandstanding, the same thing can happen. Neville Cameron, Inglewood.
This election is a bit like a pantomime, with a cowboy on a horse, a swashbuckling pirate, Mr Whippy and See Me Act. Who is the best actor? B. Sullivan, St. Heliers.
Helen Clark, appearing on television as a cheerleader for Labour clad not in red but in black, was scarily reminiscent of The Grim Reaper. Larry Mitchell, Rothesay Bay.
The Premium Debate
Audrey Young: Can Labour win from here? There is a narrow path
Win? No, impossible. It will require a coalition of Labour/Greens/TPM. TPM have said a wealth tax is a coalition requirement. Chippy has said no. Mind you, they could suddenly replace Hipkins with David Parker. Warren B.
The only way this will happen is for Labour to try to continue to pull National down to their level. Just a reminder all parties should be positively campaigning to govern. Grant P.
I am stunned that Labour can muster even 26 per cent of the vote. The last six years have shown all of NZ the continuing failures of so many Cabinet Ministers. Robert M.
I reckon Te Pāti Māori will do better than many think, the Greens will get their 12 or 13 per cent, and Labour will see a big upswing from votes coming their way. And that folks, is what truly worries National the most. Sure, they talk about Peters, but he is just a smokescreen, a prop used by National in an attempt to grow their vote out of fear that Labour will overtake. Timothy T.
This is a useful tool. It shows that with a very small movement National and Act can govern together regardless of whether NZ First gets over 5 per cent. Sue J.
Hipkins is saying that NZ First working with National and Act will be a shambles. Well, it wouldn’t be good but don’t forget that NZ First worked with Labour and the Greens from 2017 and Hipkins obviously thought that was okay. Jeanette E.
It is completely mystifying why National has not tried to work with other parties — it appears that strategic thinking is beyond them. For example a deal in Ilam with TOP (similar to Epsom) seems a no-brainer. NZ First would probably then not enter the equation. Brian H.
Latest from New Zealand
Whangārei baker rises above national competition to win Baker of the Year
Bethany Friend says her award-winning skills began at a young age with her grandmother.