- Songwriter Interviews
- Song Writing
- Fact or Fiction
- They're Playing My Song
- Songfacts Pages
- Songwriting Legends
- Songfacts Podcast
- Amanda Flinner
- Bruce Pollock
- Corey O'Flanagan
- Dan MacIntosh
- Laura Antonelli
- Leslie Michele Derrough
- Maggie Grimason
- Nicole Roberge
- Roger Catlin
- Shawna Ortega
- Trevor Morelli
Ghosts N Stuff by Deadmau5
- This is the first official single from Canadian progressive house producer Deadmau5's second album For Lack of a Better Name .
- Guest vocalist Rob Swire is the lead singer of Australian-British electronic rock outfit Pendulum, who are best known for their UK top 10 hit, " Propane Nightmares ." The two had been bumping into each other backstage at various festivals and eventually agreed to this collaboration.
- The ghoulish dance track could be the start of a new genre: "Haunted House!"
- Deadmau5 (pronounced "dead mouse"); whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman, explained his stage moniker to MTV News: "Long story short, a mouse went into my computer and died, and I found him in there when I was changing my video card," he said. "After word spread on the Internet through various chat rooms and blogs, "everyone just started calling me 'that dead mouse guy' because of he story, and it just stuck. And the 5 was because I couldn't spell out D-E-A-D-M-O-U-S-E because it was too long to have as a name in the chat room, so I had to trim a character, so I was just like, whatever, and I put a 5 in there and it stuck."
- The tune was used in the promo for America's Best Dance Crew season 5.
- More songs from Deadmau5
- More songs popular at Halloween
- More songs from 2009
- Lyrics to Ghosts N Stuff
- Joel from Salem, Ma I can see this song bieng played in a horror comedy film. Just as the zombies are about to attack a small group of survivors, this song plays over the PA system causing the zombies groove to the music. Once the song is over though its back to the attack unless ofcourse its on a loop. Personally I got bored with the song after a little while. Its just too long. A shorter edit would have sufficed.
Rap God Eminem
Eminem spits a total of 1,560 words on "Rap God," earning him an entry in the 2015 Guinness Book of Records for "most words in a hit single."
Nasty Janet Jackson
Janet Jackson wrote the lyric to "Nasty" in response to random guys calling her "baby."
Strawberry Letter 23 The Brothers Johnson
"Strawberry Letter 23" by The Brothers Johnson was written by Shuggie Otis, whose girlfriend would send him letters written on strawberry scented paper.
Just Can't Get Enough The Black Eyed Peas
The Black Eyed Peas shot the video for "Just Can't Get Enough" just a week before the 2011 earthquake in Japan.
That's What Friends Are For Dionne & Friends
Elton John didn't win a Grammy until 1986, when he got one for singing on "That's What Friends Are For."
This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) Talking Heads
"This Must Be The Place" is a rare love song by the Talking Heads, with a very personal lyric from David Byrne likely inspired by the woman who became his first wife.
Black Sabbath Fact or Fiction
Dwarfs on stage with an oversize Stonehenge set? Dabbling in Satanism? Find out which Spinal Tap-moments were true for Black Sabbath.
Wedding Bell Blues Song Writing
When a song describes a wedding, it's rarely something to celebrate - with one big exception.
Gavin Rossdale On Lyric Inspirations and Bush's Album The Kingdom Songwriter Interviews
The Bush frontman on where he finds inspiration for lyrics, if his "machine head" is a guitar tuner, and the stories behind songs from the album The Kingdom.
Billy Gould of Faith No More Songwriter Interviews
Faith No More's bassist, Billy Gould, chats to us about his two new experimental projects, The Talking Book and House of Hayduk, and also shares some stories from the FNM days.
Peter Lord Songwriter Interviews
You may not recognize his name, but you will certainly recognize Peter Lord's songs. He wrote the bevy of hits from Paula Abdul's second album, Spellbound.
Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy and Black Star Riders Songwriter Interviews
Writing with Phil Lynott, Scott saw their ill-fated frontman move to a darker place in his life and lyrics.
A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs
- Terms of Service
- Songfacts API
- Music History Calendar
- Song Licensing
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Suggest a Songfact or Artistfact
- Message Boards
- Songfacts Writers
©2023 Songfacts, LLC
deadmau5 (Ft. Rob Swire) – “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” Lyrics Meaning
Joanna holds a BSc in English Literature and uses her expertise in literary analysis to uncover the deeper meaning of her favorite songs.
“Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” by deadmau5 featuring Rob Swire delves into the realm of self-discovery and existential exploration. It seems to narrate a journey of finding oneself amidst the chaos and the noise of the external world. The song emits vibes of introspection and transcendence, hinting at a quest for deeper meaning and a connection beyond the physical realm. The entrancing melody carries a sense of liberation and awakening, conveying a pursuit of truth and fulfillment within and beyond the sensory experience.
Dive into the mysterious world of “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” and traverse the paths of existential exploration and self-discovery with deadmau5 and Rob Swire. Uncover the intricate layers of meaning embedded in the rhythmic beats and evocative lyrics!
“Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” Lyrics Meaning
“Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” crafts a sonic landscape teeming with themes of liberation, existential rumination, and a desire for truth. The opening lines, “It’s been so long I’ve been out of my body with you / I feel alone feel at home feel like nothing is true,” immediately paint a picture of dissociation and a search for genuine connection, possibly implying a journey beyond the physical to discover the metaphysical essence of being.
“You take me to a place where my senses gave way / Turn it round shut it down what the people say,” these lyrics suggest a desire to transcend beyond sensory perceptions and societal expectations. It seems to express a longing to escape the mundane, to embrace a reality that is uninhibited by external constraints.
The repetition of phrases such as “We’re gonna get there tonight,” underscores a persistent determination to reach a state of enlightenment or understanding. This sense of determination, coupled with the recurring theme of existential exploration, reflects the essence of the song – a relentless pursuit of self and meaning within the expansive universe of existence.
Lines like “I know we had a chase but we’re out of time / We have sold in the cold physical design,” bring forth the idea of temporality and the limitations of the physical realm. It’s as if the lyrics are subtly nudging the listener to look beyond the tangible, to seek the intangible realms of existence, to unravel the enigma of the self beyond the constraints of time and space.
The lyrical journey of “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” is an intricate dance between introspection and revelation, between the seen and the unseen, crafting a rich tapestry of philosophical musings wrapped in entrancing beats, making it a transcendental experience for the listeners.
The Story Behind “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff”
“Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” is a result of the ingenious collaboration between the electronic music producer deadmau5 and musician Rob Swire. When crafting this track, deadmau5 was immersed in his distinctive approach to music, blending intricate soundscapes with profound thematic elements, resulting in a piece that is both rhythmically engaging and thought-provoking.
The creation of this track likely emanated from a space of introspective contemplation and creative experimentation. The collaboration with Rob Swire added an extra layer of sonic depth and lyrical richness, contributing to the overall thematic complexity of the song. The merging of diverse musical influences and artistic philosophies resulted in a piece that resonates with a myriad of interpretations and emotions.
The underlying themes of existential exploration and self-discovery are reflective of the artists’ journey into the realms of consciousness and artistic expression. The song stands as a testament to their quest for musical and philosophical synthesis, exploring the intricate relationship between the self and the universe, between existence and transcendence.
The musical and thematic journey of “Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff” is not just a sonic adventure but also a philosophical exploration, inviting listeners to ponder, reflect, and discover the multidimensional aspects of existence and consciousness, and to embrace the endless possibilities of the musical and metaphysical universe.
- Tommy James and the Shondells – “Crystal Blue Persuasion” Lyrics Meaning
- Liana Flores – “rises the moon” Lyrics Meaning
- Tim McGraw – “Don’t Take the Girl” Lyrics Meaning
- Anson Seabra – “Peter Pan Was Right” Lyrics Meaning
Understand your favorite songs.
Our mission is to analyze your favorite songs and share the story behind them.
© 2023 MelodyInsight
Ghosts N Stuff Radio Edit lyrics Meaning
By George E. Anderson
October 6, 2023
Ghosts N Stuff Radio Edit song by deadmau5 from Primary Album Ghosts-n-stuff . The music is composed and produced by Joel. Genre is Electro House , Electronic , Electro music. The Record company is unknown. Released on January 1, 2009.
video was originally posted on: Youtube
Ghosts N Stuff Radio Edit Meaning
This lirics prodiucer by deadmau5.
Ghosts N Stuff Radio Edit song lyrics is written by Rob Swire & deadmau5
The artist featured in the credits for Ghosts N Stuff Radio Edit is Rob Swire
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Ghosts 'n' Stuff Lyrics Meanings by deadmau5
Ghosts 'n' Stuff Lyrics
It's been so long, I've been out of my body with you I feel alone, feel at home, feel like nothing is true You take me to a place where my senses gave-way, Turn it round, shuttin' down, what the people say Climbing up, coming down, gonna give you some, Take my hand and let it come, let it come, let it Take it back when she knows that your doing it right Cause everybody else knows what their taking tonight But I just wanna play it right, We're gonna get there tonight
It's been so far I've been walking the line of my time Wake me up to the stars we are coming home I only had a chase but were out of time We have sold in the cold, physical desires Set me free, set me out on the run, lift me up to the sun, to the sun, to the When your burning down, when your burning down, It's the way that you think that I know It's too late But I just want to bring it round We, were gonna get there tonight I just want to take you down We're gonna bring you round But I just want to bring it round We, were gonna get there tonight
Writer(s): Robert Swire Thompson, Joel Thomas Zimmerman Copyright(s): Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, RESERVOIR MEDIA MANAGEMENT INC Lyrics Licensed & Provided by LyricFind
Ghosts 'n' Stuff Meanings
Be the first!
Post your thoughts on the meaning of "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" .
End of content
That's all we got for #
What Does Ghosts 'n' Stuff Mean ?
Attach an image to this thought
Drag image here or click to upload image
Lil Pump Claims His Uniqueness in Be Like Me: A New Ego Rap Anthem
50 Songwriting Tips from World Class Musicians
What Is Reggae Music and Where Did It Originate?
Top 30 Halloween Songs for 2021
Mooski Shows His Vulnerable Side in 'Track Star'
The History of New Wave Music and How It All Began
How to Memorize Rap Lyrics With 9 Easy Techniques
- Artists add
Ghosts 'n' Stuff
Lyrics submitted by SongMeanings
- Highest Rated
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- No Comments
Add your thoughts
Log in now to tell us what you think this song means.
Don’t have an account? Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. It’s super easy, we promise!
- Artists - W
- Ghosts 'n' Stuff Lyrics
- Artists - S
- Speedy Ortiz
More Featured Meanings
Most popular lyric tags
More wtf lyrics.
- Not Exactly [Original Mix] Lyrics
- Ghosts n Stuff [Version] Lyrics
- Arguru [Original Version] Lyrics
- Sofi Needs a Letter Lyrics
- Hi Friend [Vocal Mix] Lyrics
"Ghosts 'N' Stuff" lyrics
- deadmau5 Lyrics
Deadmau5 – Ghosts'n'Stuff lyrics
- Post my meaning
- Write my explanation new To explain lyrics, select line or word and click "Explain".
- Don't understand the meaning of the song?
- Highlight lyrics and request an explanation.
- Click on highlighted lyrics to explain.
Lyrics taken from /lyrics/d/deadmau5/ghostsnstuff.html
- Explanations new To explain lyrics, select line or word and click "Explain".
- Share link: Embed:
- Correct Add song structure elements Click "Correct" to open the "Correction form". There you can add structure tags, correct typos or add missing words. Send your correction and get karma points! Result of your work will appear after moderating. OK, got it!
- Midnight Sky Miley Cyrus
- Positions Ariana Grande
- Therefore I Am Billie Eilish
- Monster Shawn Mendes
- Christmas Saves The Year twenty one pilots
- Willow Taylor Swift
Write about your feelings and thoughts about ghosts'n'stuff.
Hey! It's useful.
If this song really means something special to you, describe your feelings and thoughts . Don't hesitate to explain what songwriters and singer wanted to say. Also we collected some tips and tricks for you:
- Don't write just "I love this song." Hidden between the lines, words and thoughts sometimes hold many different not yet explained meanings
- Remember: your meaning might be valuable for someone
- Don't post links to images and links to facts
- Write correctly
- Don't spam and write clearly off-topic meanings
- Don't write abusive, vulgar, offensive, racist, threatening or harassing meanings
- Do not post anything that you do not have the right to post
- Please note: We moderate every meaning
Follow these rules and your meaning will be published
- → Artist: D
- → Deadmau5
- → Ghosts'n'Stuff lyrics
More Deadmau5 lyrics
- Sofi needs a ladder
- Raise Your Weapon
- One Trick Pony
- Professional Griefers
- Fml/I Remember
- Where My Keys
- Word Problems
- · Leaving Love Behind Lyrics Zac Brown Band
- · Tough Love Lyrics Avicii
- · Hate Me Lyrics Ellie Goulding
- · Let Me Down Slowly Lyrics Alec Benjamin
- · Too Much Lyrics Carly Rae Jepsen
- · Takeaway Lyrics The Chainsmokers
- · Goodbyes Lyrics Post Malone
- · Caught Up Lyrics Majid Jordan
- · The Hunted Lyrics Saint Asonia
- · Never Be Sorry Lyrics Old Dominion
Write an explanation
- Describe what artist is trying to say in a certain line, whether it's personal feelings, strong statement or something else.
- Provide song facts, names, places and other worthy info that may give readers a perfect insight on the song's meaning.
- Add links, pictures and videos to make your explanation more appealing. Provide quotes to support the facts you mention.
- Ask us or our community about the part of the song that interests you
- We will try to respond as soon as possible