Full Cast & Crew: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
Burly Russian Prisoner
Control Room Guard
Control Room Guard (as Jan Filipensky)
Control Room Guard (as Jirí Kraus)
Control Room Guard (as Tomas Valik)
Scraggy Tooth (as Vitaliy Kravchenko)
Kremlin Senate Building Desk Guard (as Andrey Bestchastney)
Kremlin Subcellar Hallway Guard (as Michael Dopud)
Kremlin Gate Security Guard
Russian Agent (as Ivo Novak)
Russian Hospital Nurse
Russian News Anchor
Russian News Anchor (as Claudia Vasekova)
British News Anchor
Anna Lisenker (as Petra Lustigova)
Swedish Translator (voice)
Ghaleb El Saadi
Dock Worker (as Ghalib Al Saady)
The Fog's Contact
Doctor Setting Sidorov's Nose (as Mustafa Al Yassri)
Russian Sub Captain
Russian Sub Ensign
San Francisco News Anchor
Julia's Friend (as Keith Blackman Dallas)
Girl on the Red Square (voice) (uncredited)
Hotel Guest (uncredited)
Kremlin Guard (uncredited)
SINGH Security Guard (uncredited)
Julia Meade (uncredited)
Engineer, Various (uncredited)
Luther Stickell (uncredited)
IMF Secretary (uncredited)
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name. The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name. The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name.
- Bruce Geller
- Josh Appelbaum
- André Nemec
- Jeremy Renner
- 672 User reviews
- 303 Critic reviews
- 73 Metascore
- See more at IMDbPro
- 5 wins & 30 nominations
- Leonid Lisenker
- Sabine Moreau
- Marek Stefanski
- Burly Russian Prisoner
- Prison Guard
- Control Room Guard
- (as Jan Filipensky)
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
More like this
Did you know
- Trivia Tom Cruise performed the sequence where Ethan Hunt scales the outside of the Burj Khalifa tower himself without the use of a stunt double. The Burj Khalifa tower is the tallest building in the world at 2,722 feet, or 829.8 meters. Cruise dangled outside the tower at approximately 1,700 feet, or 518 meters.
- Goofs In the climax sequence, at the multilevel car park in India, all the cars are left-hand drive but in India cars are right-hand drive, like in Britain.
Benji Dunn : [explaining Ethan's gloves] Easy way to remember: blue is glue.
Ethan Hunt : And when it's red?
Benji Dunn : Dead.
- Crazy credits Much like the first 'Mission: Impossible' movie, the opening credits to this film contain major plot points to the film.
- Alternate versions American broadcast TV replaces Ethan's response to Brandt's "Your line's too short," ("No s***!") with an alternate take ("Yeah, I know!")
- Connections Featured in Breakfast: Episode dated 16 September 2011 (2011)
- Soundtracks Ain't That a Kick in the Head Written by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen (as James Van Heusen) Performed by Dean Martin Courtesy of Capitol Records Under license from EMI Film & Television Music
User reviews 672
- Oct 16, 2017
- How long is Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol? Powered by Alexa
- What is 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' about?
- Is 'Ghost Protocol' based on a book?
- Where are Dubai and Mumbai located?
- December 21, 2011 (United States)
- United States
- Paramount (United States)
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Paramount Pictures
- Skydance Media
- TC Productions
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- $145,000,000 (estimated)
- Dec 18, 2011
- Runtime 2 hours 12 minutes
- Dolby Digital
- IMAX 6-Track
Contribute to this page.
- IMDb Answers: Help fill gaps in our data
- Learn more about contributing
More to explore
Join or Sign In
Sign in to customize your TV listings
- TV Listings
- Cast & Crew
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - Full Cast & Crew
- 73 Metascore
- 2 hr 13 mins
- Suspense, Action & Adventure
- Watchlist Where to Watch
When the Kremlin is bombed and the blame falls on the Impossible Mission Force, Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) assembles a new team to uncover the truth by using every high-tech trick in the book in this white-knuckle sequel.
Co-producer, executive producer, assoc. producer, visual effects producer, cinematographer, production company, art director, supervising art director, set decorator, costumes supervisor, sound/sound designer, sound mixer, supervising sound editor, sound effects, makeup special effects, special effects supervisor, special effects, visual effects supervisor, visual effects, visual effects editor, production designer, first assistant director, production manager, unit production manager, production coordinator, second assistant director, second unit director, hair styles, location manager, second unit dir. of photog., additional editing, makeup supervisor, properties master, re-recording mixer, script supervisor, department head hair, department head makeup, choreographer.
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - Cast
- Rankings FA
- TV Premiere Calendar
- Latest Reviews
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
- Trailers 
- Image gallery 
All images are copyrighted by their respective copyright holders and/or producers/distributors.
- See all credits
- "A movie of dazzling individual parts that don't come together to fully satisfying effect in the final stretch" Justin Chang : Variety
- "Wall-to-wall action in a spectacular, if repetitive, fourth series entry. (...) a good continuation of the now-16-year-old series. (...) With Tom Cruise in top form" Todd McCarthy : Variety
- "Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol" is a terrific thriller with action sequences that function as a kind of action poetry (...) The movie benefits greatly from the well-defined performances of the Mission team (...) Rating: ★★★½ (out of 4)" Roger Ebert : Chicago Sun-Times
- "A largely successful attempt to reboot the moribund franchise that turns out to be probably the most entertaining installment since Brian De Palma's series opener from 15 years ago (...) Rating: ★★★ (out of four)" Lou Lumenick : New York Post
- "The only thing that's missing, in fact, is a soul. On the other hand, there's a good chance you'll get so caught up in what they're doing, you won't even notice how stiff and inhuman the actors appear (...) Rating: ★★★ (out of four)" Elizabeth Weitzman : New York Daily News
- 41 My Top 10 Movies from 2011 (116)
- 82 My Favorite Action Movies (122)
- 95 My Favorite Movie Sequels (14)
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective producers and/or distributors.
Log in or sign up for Rotten Tomatoes
Trouble logging in?
Email not verified
Let's keep in touch.
Sign up for the Rotten Tomatoes newsletter to get weekly updates on:
- Upcoming Movies and TV shows
- Trivia & Rotter Tomatoes Podcast
- Media News + More
OK, got it!
Movies / TV
No results found.
- What's the Tomatometer®?
Movies in theaters
- Opening this week
- Coming soon to theaters
- Certified fresh movies
Movies at home
- Netflix streaming
- Amazon prime
- Most popular streaming movies
- What to Watch New
Certified fresh picks
- Saw X Link to Saw X
- The Royal Hotel Link to The Royal Hotel
- Totally Killer Link to Totally Killer
New TV Tonight
- The Fall of the House of Usher: Season 1
- Goosebumps: Season 1
- Lessons in Chemistry: Season 1
- Frasier: Season 1
- Shining Vale: Season 2
- Harry Wild: Season 2
- Murdaugh Murders: The Movie: Season 1
Most Popular TV on RT
- Sex Education: Season 4
- Loki: Season 2
- Lupin: Season 3
- Gen V: Season 1
- Our Flag Means Death: Season 2
- Star Wars: Ahsoka: Season 1
- Beckham: Season 1
- Dear Child: Season 1
- Top TV Shows
- Certified Fresh TV
- Most popular TV
Certified fresh pick
- Our Flag Means Death: Season 2 Link to Our Flag Means Death: Season 2
- All-Time Lists
- Binge Guide
- Comics on TV
- Five Favorite Films
- Video Interviews
- Weekend Box Office
- Weekly Ketchup
- What to Watch
The Best New TV Shows of 2023 Ranked
TV and Streaming Shows About Ghosts Ranked
What to Watch: In Theaters and On Streaming
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage
Goosebumps Premiere Exclusive Sneak Peek: Go Eat Worms
The Fall of the House of Usher Exclusive Sneak Peek: Dreams
- Trending on RT
- New TM Scores
- Killers of the Flower Moon
- The Exorcist: Believer
- Totally Killer
- The Creator
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
2011, Action/Adventure, 2h 13m
What to know
Stylish, fast-paced, and loaded with gripping set pieces, the fourth Mission: Impossible is big-budget popcorn entertainment that really works. Read critic reviews
You might also like
Where to watch mission: impossible - ghost protocol.
Watch Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol with a subscription on Netflix, Paramount Plus, rent on Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Vudu, or buy on Amazon Prime Video, Vudu.
Rate And Review
Rate this movie
Oof, that was Rotten.
Meh, it passed the time.
It’s good – I’d recommend it.
So Fresh: Absolute Must See!
What did you think of the movie? (optional)
You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.
Step 2 of 2
How did you buy your ticket?
Let's get your review verified..
AMCTheatres.com or AMC App New
Cinemark Coming Soon
We won’t be able to verify your ticket today, but it’s great to know for the future.
Regal Coming Soon
Theater box office or somewhere else
By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie.
You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.
Mission: impossible - ghost protocol videos, mission: impossible - ghost protocol photos.
Blamed for a terrorist attack on the Kremlin, Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and the entire IMF agency are disavowed by the U.S. government, while the president initiates the Ghost Protocol. Forced to go "off the grid" -- left without resources or backup -- Hunt must somehow clear the agency's name and prevent another attack. Complicating matters even more, Ethan must undertake the impossible mission with a group of fellow IMF fugitives whose actual motives are suspect.
Rating: PG-13 (Seq of Intense Action Violence)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Mystery & thriller
Original Language: English
Director: Brad Bird
Producer: Tom Cruise , J.J. Abrams , Bryan Burk
Writer: Josh Appelbaum , Andre Nemec
Release Date (Theaters): Dec 21, 2011 wide
Release Date (Streaming): Dec 31, 2013
Box Office (Gross USA): $209.4M
Runtime: 2h 13m
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Production Co: Bad Robot
Sound Mix: SDDS, Dolby Digital
View the collection: Mission: Impossible
Cast & Crew
News & Interviews for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
The More Tom Cruise Runs, The Better His Movies Are: We Did the Math
New on Netflix in August 2022
Your Epic Movie Franchise Binge Guide: The Best Way to Watch the Biggest Series
Critic Reviews for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Audience reviews for mission: impossible - ghost protocol.
bit of a cheesy start but an easy 4 and as good as the very first.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is filled with edge of your set thrills executed with great performances, visual splendor and great direction all thanks to Brad Bird!
I may not agree with the critics and other reviewers as to how well this sequel matches up with the others, but I can say with some certitude that if you liked any of the previous ones, you should like this one.
Movie & TV guides
Shop Rotten Tomatoes: Game, Gifts Cards & More
RT Podcasts: Rotten Tomatoes is Wrong
What to Watch - In theaters & streaming
Mission Impossible Ghost The Movie Cast
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol is the fourth installment in the iconic action spy film franchise. Directed by Brad Bird, the movie was released in 2011 and introduced a fresh storyline and a new cast of characters. With its thrilling action sequences and engaging storyline, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol became a huge success at the box office, grossing over $694 million worldwide. In this article, we will take a closer look at the cast of the movie and answer some frequently asked questions about the film.
The cast of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol is led by Tom Cruise, who reprises his role as Ethan Hunt, the skilled and daring IMF agent. Alongside Cruise, the movie stars Jeremy Renner as William Brandt, a CIA agent with a mysterious past, and Simon Pegg as Benji Dunn, a tech expert. Paula Patton joins the cast as Jane Carter, an IMF agent seeking vengeance for her fallen partner. Together, this ensemble cast delivers a captivating performance, bringing their characters to life and adding depth to the storyline.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol:
1. Q: What is the plot of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol? A: The film follows Ethan Hunt and his team as they are falsely implicated in a bombing at the Kremlin. With the IMF disavowed, they must go rogue to clear their names and prevent a nuclear war.
2. Q: Who is the director of the movie? A: Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol is directed by Brad Bird, known for his work on animated films like The Incredibles and Ratatouille.
3. Q: Is Ghost Protocol a standalone movie, or do I need to watch the previous films in the franchise? A: While it is helpful to have some background knowledge of the previous movies, Ghost Protocol can be enjoyed as a standalone film.
4. Q: Are there any notable cameos in the movie? A: Yes, Tom Wilkinson makes a cameo appearance as the IMF Secretary.
5. Q: How were the action sequences in the movie created? A: The movie is known for its spectacular action sequences, many of which were performed by the actors themselves. Tom Cruise, in particular, is known for his dedication to performing his own stunts.
6. Q: Is there any romantic subplot in the movie? A: While there are hints of a romantic connection between Ethan Hunt and Jane Carter, the movie primarily focuses on the mission at hand.
7. Q: What sets Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol apart from the previous films? A: Ghost Protocol introduced a new team dynamic, with Jeremy Renner’s character taking on a prominent role. The movie also features breathtaking action sequences, including the now-famous Burj Khalifa scene.
8. Q: Who composed the music for the movie? A: The score for Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol was composed by Michael Giacchino.
9. Q: Were there any challenges or obstacles faced during the filming process? A: One of the biggest challenges during filming was shooting the Burj Khalifa scene, which required Tom Cruise to perform stunts at extreme heights.
10. Q: Did the movie receive any awards or nominations? A: Yes, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol received several nominations, including one for Best Visual Effects at the Academy Awards.
11. Q: What is the runtime of the movie? A: Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol has a runtime of approximately 133 minutes.
12. Q: Are there any post-credit scenes in the movie? A: No, there are no post-credit scenes in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
13. Q: Is Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol a family-friendly movie? A: The movie is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, making it suitable for older children and adults.
In conclusion, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol boasts a talented cast that delivers an action-packed and thrilling experience for viewers. With its engaging plot, top-notch action sequences, and memorable performances, the movie remains a fan favorite in the Mission: Impossible franchise.
How to return a book on audible, who wrote the book of revelation, how to annotate a book, how to return an audible book.