Hiren’s BootCD 10.6
- ComboFix (2606): Designed to cleanup malware infections and restore settings modified by malware (Windows Freeware).
- CWShredder 2.19: Popular CoolWebSearch Trojan Remover tool (Windows Freeware).
- Dr.Web CureIt! Antivirus (2606): A free standalone anti-virus and anti-spyware on-demand scanner (Windows Freeware).
- GMER 1.0.15: Hidden services, hidden registry, hidden file scanner, Rootkit Detector and Remover (Windows Freeware).
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware 1.46 (2606): Anti-malware application that can thoroughly remove even the most advanced malware. (Windows Freeware).
- RootkitRevealer 1.7.1: Rootkit Revealer is an advanced patent-pending root kit detection utility. (Windows Freeware).
- SmitFraudFix 2.424: This removes Some of the popular Desktop Hijack malware (Windows Freeware).
- Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2 (2606): Application to scan for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software. (Windows Freeware).
- SpywareBlaster 4.3 (2606): Prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software. (Windows Freeware).
- SuperAntispyware 4.39.1002 (2606): Remove Malware, Rootkits, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Parasites (a must have tool) (Windows Freeware).
- 7-Zip 9.15b: File archiver with a high compression ratio Supports 7z, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, FAT, GZ, GZIP, HFS, IMA, IMG, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, TAR, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, XZ, ZIP and Z formats (Windows Freeware).
- EasyUHA 1.0: GUI Tool to create and extract UHA Archives (Windows Freeware).
- Acronis True Image 8.1.945: Create an exact disk image for complete system backup and disk cloning. (Dos Commercial).
- COPYR.DMA Build013: A Tool for making copies of hard disks with bad sectors (Dos Freeware).
- Double Driver 3.0: Driver Backup and Restore tool (Windows Freeware).
- Drive SnapShot 1.40: Creates an exact Disk Image of your system into a file while windows is running. (Windows Shareware).
- DriveImageXML 2.14: Backup any drive/partition to an image file, even if the drive is currently in use (Windows Freeware).
- DriverBackup! 1.0.3: Another handy tool to backup drivers (Windows Freeware).
- FastCopy 2.01: The Fastest Copy/Delete Software on Windows (Windows Freeware).
- G4L Ghost 4 Linux 0.33a: A hard disk and partition imaging and cloning tool similar to Norton Ghost (Linux Freeware).
- GImageX 2.0.17: ImageX is used to backup/restore WIM images for Windows XP/Vista and Windows 7 (Windows Freeware).
- InfraRecorder 0.50: An Open source CD/DVD burning software, also create/burn .iso images (Windows Freeware).
- Norton Ghost 11.5.1: A hard drive disk imaging utility for Windows which supports Network/USB/SCSI (Windows/Dos Commercial).
- Partition Image: PartImage 0.6.9: Supported filesystem includes Ext2, Ext3, Reiserfs, HFS, HPFS, JFS, Xfs, UFS, Fat16, Fat32 and NTFS. (Linux Freeware).
- Partition Saving 3.80: A tool to backup/restore partitions. (SavePart.exe) (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- RegBak 1.0: A light-weight and simple utility to create backups of Windows registry files (Windows Freeware).
- SelfImage 22.214.171.124: To create image files of any mounted or unmounted hard disk partition. (Windows Freeware).
- Smart Driver Backup 2.12: Easy backup of your Windows device drivers (also works from PE) (Windows Freeware).
- WhitSoft File Splitter 4.5a: A Small File Split-Join Tool (Windows Freeware).
BIOS / CMOS Tools
- !BIOS 3.20: A powerfull utility for bios and cmos (Dos Freeware).
- Award DMI Configuration Utility 2.43: DMI Configuration utility for modifying/viewing the MIDF contents. (Dos Freeware).
- BIOS Cracker 5.0: BIOS password remover (cmospwd) (Dos Freeware).
- BIOS Utility 1.35.0: BIOS Informations, password, beep codes and more. (Dos Freeware).
- CMOS 0.93: CMOS Save / Restore Tool (Dos Freeware).
- DISKMAN4: A powerful all in one utility (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- Kill CMOS: A tiny utility to wipe cmos (Dos Freeware).
- UniFlash 1.40: Bios flash utility (Dos Freeware).
Browsers / File Managers
- 7-Zip File Manager: 7-Zip is a popular open source file archiver designed for Microsoft Windows (Windows Freeware).
- Dos Command Center 5.1: Classic dos-based file manager. (Dos Freeware).
- Dos Navigator 6.4.0: Dos File Manager, Norton Commander clone but has much more features. (Dos Freeware).
- Explore2fs 1.08b: GUI explorer tool for accessing linux ext2 and ext3 filesystems under windows (Windows Freeware).
- FastLynx 2.0: Dos file manager with Pc to Pc file transfer capability (Dos Freeware).
- File Maven 3.5: An advanced Dos file manager with high speed PC-to-PC file transfers via serial or parallel cable (Dos Freeware).
- File Wizard 1.35: A file manager – Colored files, drag and drop copy, move, delete etc. (Dos Freeware).
- Mini Windows 98: Can run from Ram Drive, with ntfs support, 7-Zip, Disk Defragmenter, Notepad / RichText Editor, Image Viewer, .avi .mpg .divx .xvid Movie Player, etc… (Windows Commercial).
- Mini Windows Xp: Portable Windows Xp that runs from CD/USB/Ram Drive, with Network and SATA support (Windows Commercial).
- Opera Web Browser 9.27: One of the fastest, smallest and smartest full-featured web browser (Windows Freeware).
- Total Commander 7.55: A file manager similar to the Windows Explorer features side-by-side file-browsing panes, built-in FTP, archive management, file search/compare/synchronize and more. (Windows Shareware).
- Volkov Commander 4.99: Dos File Manager with LongFileName/ntfs support (Similar to Norton Commander) (Dos Freeware).
- CCleaner 2.33.1184: Crap Cleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool (Windows Freeware).
- CleanUp! 4.5.2: Removes junk files from all user profiles that accumulate over time and litter your hard drive (Windows Freeware).
- Data Shredder 1.0: A tool to Erase disk and files (also wipe free space) securely (Windows Freeware).
- Delete Doctor 2.2: Delete Files that are hard to delete, Option to delete on reboot or via UNC Name (Windows Freeware).
- MyUninstaller 1.65: Alternative to the standard add / remove control panel module (Windows Freeware).
- SpaceMonger 1.4: Keeping track of the free space on your computer (Windows Freeware).
- WinDirStat 126.96.36.199: A disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Windows. (Windows Freeware).
Editors / Viewers
- HxD 188.8.131.52: Hex Editor provides tools to inspect and edit files, main memory, disks/disk images (Windows Freeware).
- IrfanView 4.27: A free Image Viewer/Editor/Converter and Optimizer (Windows Freeware).
- SumatraPDF 1.1: A free, open source, lightweight PDF Reader for Microsoft Windows (Windows Freeware).
- AlternateStreamView 1.12: View/Copy/Delete hidden NTFS Alternate Data Streams (Windows Freeware).
- EditBINI 1.01: To Edit boot.ini on NTFS Partition (Dos Freeware).
- FileDisk Mount Tool 25: To mount ISO/BIN/NRG/MDF/IMA images on windows. (Windows Freeware).
- NewSID 4.10: Utility that changes the security ID (SID) for Windows NT, 2000 and XP (Windows Freeware).
- NTFS Access 2.1: Set NTFS permissions recursively and full access rights to a folder/file owner (Windows Freeware).
- NTFS Dos 3.02: To access ntfs partitions from Dos (Dos Freeware).
- NTFS Dos Pro 5.0: To access ntfs partitions from Dos (Dos Commercial).
- NTFS4Dos 1.9: To access ntfs partitions from Dos (Dos Freeware).
- Paragon Mount Everything 3.0: To access NTFS, Ext2FS, Ext3FS partitions from dos (Dos Commercial).
- Virtual Floppy Drive 2.1: Enables you to create and mount a virtual floppy drive on your NT/2000/XP/Vista (Windows Freeware).
Hard Disk Tools
- Active Kill Disk 4.1.2393: Securely overwrites and destroys all data on physical drive. (Dos Freeware).
- Darik’s Boot and Nuke (DBAN) 1.0.7: Completely deletes the contents of any hard disk it can detect (Linux Freeware).
- ExcelStor’s ESTest 4.50: ExcelStor hard disk diagnostic utility (Dos Freeware).
- Fujitsu HDD Diagnostic Tool 7.00: To check IDE drives for possible defects/problems (Dos Freeware).
- Fujitsu IDE Low Level Format 1.0: Low Level Format Tool (Dos Freeware).
- Gateway GwScan 5.12: Gateway hard drive diagnostic utility (Dos Freeware).
- Hard Disk Sentinel 1.00.5: Hard Disk health, performance and temperature monitoring tool. (Dos Freeware).
- HDAT2 4.53: Main function is testing and repair (regenerates) bad sectors for detected devices (Dos Freeware).
- HDD Erase 4.0: Secure erase using a special feature built into most newer hard drives (Dos Freeware).
- HDD Regenerator 1.71: to recover a bad hard drive (Dos Commercial).
- IBM Hitachi Drive Fitness Test 4.16: Quickly and reliably tests SCSI, IDE and SATA drives (Dos Freeware).
- IBM Hitachi Feature Tool 2.15: Allows you to control some of the features of the the HDD (Dos Freeware).
- Maxtor amset utility 4.0: Utility for changing Acoustic Management on the hard drives (Dos Freeware).
- Maxtor Low Level Formatter 1.1: Maxtor’s Low Level Format Utility works on any harddrive (Dos Freeware).
- Maxtor PowerMax 4.23: Designed to perform diagnostic read/write verifications on Maxtor/Quantum hard drives (Dos Freeware).
- MHDD 4.6: Precise diagnostic of the mechanical part of a drive, perform Low-level format, Bad Sector Sepair, access raw sectors, manage S.M.A.R.T. (SMART) and other drive parameters such as acoustic management, security, Host Protected Area, etc. (Dos Freeware).
- Samsung Disk Diagnose (SHDIAG) 1.28: To diagnose the disk when suspected to have failures (Dos Freeware).
- Samsung ESTOOL 3.00g: Drive Diagnostic, Automatic Acoustic Management, Enable/Disable SMART etc (Dos Freeware).
- Samsung HDD Utility(HUTIL) 2.10: The Drive Diagnostic Utility (Dos Freeware).
- SeaTools for Dos: GUI 2.20 Text 1.10 versions to test Seagate or Maxtor Parallel ATA (PATA and IDE) and Serial ATA (SATA) interface disc drives (Dos Freeware).
- SmartUDM 2.00: Hard Disk Drive S.M.A.R.T. Viewer. (Dos Freeware).
- Toshiba Hard Disk Diagnostic 2.00b: Toshiba hard drive diagnostic utility (Dos Freeware).
- Victoria 3.33e and 3.52rus: A freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics (Dos Freeware).
- ViVard 1.0: HDD low-level diagnostics, Surface test with remap, SMART-attributes etc. (Dos Freeware).
- WDClear 1.30: Restore/Erases the drive back to a factory condition (Dos Freeware).
- Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2: For the installation of Western Digital EIDE Hard Drives (Dos Freeware).
- Western Digital Diagnostics (DLGDIAG) 5.04f: To quickly and efficiently verify the status of the drive (Dos Freeware).
MBR (Master Boot Record) Tools
- Boot Partition 2.60: Add Partition in the Windows NT/2000/XP Multi-boot loader (Dos Freeware).
- BootFix Utility: Run this utility if you get ‘Invalid system disk’ (Dos Freeware).
- BootICE 0.78: A boot sector manipulation utility (Windows Freeware).
- BootSect 6.0.6: Boot Sector Manipulation Tool, This tool replaces FixFAT.exe and FixNTFS.exe (Windows Freeware).
- DiskMan 4.2: All in one tool for cmos, bios, bootrecord and more (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- Grub4Dos installer 1.1: An universal boot loader GRUB for DOS installer (Windows Freeware).
- HDHacker 1.4: Load/Save/View MBR and BootSector from a physical/logical drive (Windows Freeware).
- MBR SAVE / RESTORE 2.1: BootSave and BootRest tools to save / restore MBR (Dos Freeware).
- MBR Utility 1.05: To manipulate a drive’s master boot record (MBR) via the command line (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- MbrFix 1.3: To backup, restore, fix the boot code in the MBR (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- MBRTool 2.3.200: Backup, verify, restore, edit, refresh, remove, display, re-write… (Dos Freeware).
- MBRWizard 3.0.48: Directly update and modify the MBR (Master Boot Record) (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- MBRWork 1.08: A utility to perform some common and uncommon MBR functions (Dos Freeware).
- Smart Boot Manager 3.7.1: A multi boot manager (Dos Freeware).
- MpxPlay 1.56: A small Music Player for dos (Dos Freeware).
- Picture Viewer 1.94: Picture viewer for dos, supports more then 40 filetypes. (Dos Freeware).
- QuickView Pro 2.58: Movie viewer for dos, supports many format including divx. (Dos Freeware).
Ms Dos Tools
- 1394 Firewire Support: 1394 Firewire Drivers for Dos (Dos Freeware).
- ASUSTeK USB Driver 3: ASUS USB CD-ROM Device Driver Version 1.00 (Dos Freeware).
- Collection of dos utilities: extract.exe, pkzip.exe, pkunzip.exe, lha.exe, gzip.exe, uharcd.exe, imgExtrc.exe, xcopy.exe, diskcopy.com, mouse.com, undelete.com, edit.com, fdisk.exe, fdisk2.exe, fdisk3.exe, lf.exe, delpart.exe, wipe.com, zap.com, format.com, deltree.exe, more.com, find.exe, hex.exe, debug.exe, split.exe, mem.exe, attrib.com, sys.com, smartdrv.exe, xmsdsk.exe, killer.exe, share.exe, scandisk.exe, scanreg.exe, guest.exe, doskey.exe, duse.exe, move.exe, setver.exe, intersvr.exe, interlnk.exe, loadlin.exe, lfndos.exe, doslfn.com (Dos Commercial).
- Interlnk support at COM1/LPT1: To access another computer from COM/LPT port (Dos Freeware).
- SATA Support: SATA Driver (gcdrom.sys) and JMicron JMB361 (xcdrom.sys) for Dos (Dos Freeware).
- SCSI Support: SCSI Drivers for Dos (Dos Freeware).
- Universal USB Driver 2: Panasonic v2.20 ASPI Manager for USB mass storage (Dos Freeware).
- USB CD-Rom Driver 1: Standard usb_cd.sys driver for cd drive (Dos Freeware).
- Angry IP Scanner 2.21: Scan IP addresses in any range as well as any their ports (Windows Freeware).
- CurrPorts 1.81: Displays the list of all currently opened TCP and UDP ports on your computer (Windows Freeware).
- Network Password Recovery 1.24: Recover Windows XP/Vista network passwords (Credentials file) (Windows Freeware).
- TCPView 2.54: Lists TCP and UDP endpoints, including the Local/Remote addresses of TCP connections (Windows Freeware).
- Winsock 2 Fix for 9x: To fix corrupted Winsock2 information by poorly written Internet programs (Windows Freeware).
- XP TCP/IP Repair 1.0: Repair your Windows XP Winsock and TCP/IP registry errors (Windows Freeware).
- Defraggler 1.20.201: To defrag your entire hard drive or individual files (Windows Freeware).
- JkDefrag 3.36: Free disk defragment and optimize utility for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (Windows Freeware).
- NT Registry Optimizer 1.1j: Registry Optimization for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista (Windows Freeware).
- PageDfrg 2.32: System file Defragmenter For NT/2k/XP (Windows Freeware).
- Bulk Rename Utility 184.108.40.206: Rename multiple files, change timestamps and rename using EXIF data with the click of a button. (Windows Freeware).
- Fix NTLDR is missing: Fix “NTLDR is missing, Press any key to restart” for Windows Xp (Dos Freeware).
- Mini Linux: Recovery is Possible Linux (RIPLinux 9.8) contains aria2, cdrtools, curl, ddrescue, dump/restore, emelfm2, epdfview, extundelete, fsarchiver, grub2, hdparm, isomaster, lftp, lynx, lzip, mtpaint, ntfs-3g, openssh, partclone, partimage, pccmoscleaner, pcdiskeraser, pcloginnow, pcregedit, pidgin, qemu, reiserfsck, safecopy, smbclient, xfburn, xterm and more (Linux Freeware).
- SearchMyFiles 1.47: Alternative to ‘Search For Files And Folders’ module of Windows + Duplicates Search (Windows Freeware).
- Universal TCP/IP Network 6.5: MSDOS Network Client to connect via TCP/IP to a Microsoft based network. The network can either be a peer-to-peer or a server based network, it contains 98 different network card drivers (Dos Freeware).
- Acronis Disk Director 10.0.2160: Popular disk management functions in a single suite (Dos Commercial).
- eXtended Fdisk 0.9.3: XFDISK allows easy partition creation and edition (Dos Freeware).
- Fat32 Formatter GUI 1.01: Windows XP cannot format a volume bigger than 32GB with FAT32 (Windows Freeware).
- GParted Partition Editor 0.6.0b2: To create, copy, paste, delete, hide, resize or move partitions without losing data (Linux Freeware).
- Paragon Partition Manager 7.0.1274: Universal tool for partitions (Dos Commercial).
- Partition Table Editor 8.0: Partition Table and Boot Record Editor (Dos Freeware).
- Partition Wizard Home Edition 5.0: Free Partition Magic Alternative, Partition Resize/Move/Copy/Create/Delete/Format/Convert, Explore, etc. (Windows Freeware).
- Ranish Partition Manager 2.44: A boot manager and hard disk partitioner. (Dos Freeware).
- Smart Fdisk 2.05: A simple harddisk partition manager (Dos Freeware).
- SPecial Fdisk 2000.03v: SPFDISK a partition tool. (Dos Freeware).
- Super Fdisk 1.0: Create, delete, format partitions drives without destroying data. (Dos Freeware).
- The Partition Resizer 1.3.4: Move and resize your partitions in one step and more. (Dos Freeware).
- USB Format Tool: Format/make bootable any USB flash drive to FAT, FAT32, or NTFS partition. (Windows Freeware).
- Active Password Changer 3.0.420: To Reset User Password on windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista (FAT/NTFS) (Dos Commercial).
- Asterisk Logger 1.04: Reveal passwords hidden behind asterisk characters. (Windows Freeware).
- ATAPWD 1.2: Hard Disk Password Utility (Dos Freeware).
- Content Advisor Password Remover 1.01: It Removes Content Advisor Password from Internet Explorer (Windows Freeware).
- Kon-Boot 1.1: To bypass Login Password of Windows (32bit, any password) and Linux (kon-usr) (Linux Freeware).
- LicenseCrawler 0.0.42: Find the license keys and serial numbers of your programs (Windows Freeware).
- Mail PassView 1.55: Recovers mail passwords of Outlook Express, MS Outlook, IncrediMail, Eudora, etc. (Windows Freeware).
- MessenPass 1.30: A password recovery tool that reveals the passwords of several instant messangers (Windows Freeware).
- NTPWD: Utility to reset windows NT/2000/XP administrator/user password. (Dos Freeware).
- Offline NT Password Changer 2008-08-02: Utility to reset/unlock windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 administrator/user password. (Linux Freeware).
- Password Renew 1.1: Utility to (re)set windows passwords (Windows Freeware).
- ProduKey 1.41: Recovers lost the product key of your Windows/Office (Windows Freeware).
- PST (Outlook) Password Recovery 1.12: Small utility that recovers lost password of Outlook .PST (Personal Folders) file (Windows Freeware).
- WindowsGate 1.1: Enables/Disables Windows logon password validation (Windows Freeware).
- WinKeyFinder 1.73: Allows you to View and Change Windows XP/2003 Product Keys, backup and restore activation related files, backup Microsoft Office 97, 2000 SP2, XP/2003 keys etc. (Windows Freeware).
- WirelessKeyView 1.34: Recovers all wireless network keys (WEP/WPA) stored in your computer by WZC (Windows Freeware).
- XP Key Reader 2.7: Can decode the XP-key on Local or Remote systems (Windows Freeware).
- Dependency Walker 2.2: Checks for missing/invalid DLL/modules/functions for any exe/dll/ocx/sys. (Windows Freeware).
- IB Process Manager 1.04: A little process manager for 9x/2k, shows dll info etc. (Windows Freeware).
- OpenedFilesView 1.46: View opened/locked files in your system, sharing violation issues (Windows Freeware).
- Pocket KillBox 220.127.116.118: Can be used to get rid of files that stubbornly refuse to allow you to delete them (Windows Freeware).
- Process Explorer 12.04: Shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded (Windows Freeware).
- Process Monitor 2.91: To monitor real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity, This tool replaces Filemon and Regmon (Windows Freeware).
- ProcessActivityView 1.11: Detailed process access information read/write/opened files etc (Windows Freeware).
- Unlocker 1.8.9: This tool can delete file/folder when you get this message: Cannot delete file: Access is denied, The file is in use by another program etc. (Windows Freeware).
RAM (Memory) Testing Tools
- MemTest 1.0: a Memory Testing Tool (Windows Freeware).
- Memtest86+ 4.10: PC Memory Test (Linux Freeware).
- Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116: A tool to thoroughly test your video RAM for errors and faults (Windows Freeware).
- Windows Memory Diagnostic: A RAM Test tool (Windows Freeware).
- Active Partition Recovery 3.0: To Recover a Deleted partition. (Dos Commercial).
- Active Undelete 5.5: A tool to recover deleted files (Windows Commercial).
- DiyDataRecovery Diskpatch 2.1.100: An excellent data recovery software. (Dos Commercial).
- GetDataBack for FAT/NTFS 4.0: Data recovery software for FAT/NTFS file systems (Windows Commercial).
- Partition Find and Mount 2.31: Partition Find and Mount software is designed to find lost or deleted partitions (Windows Freeware).
- PartitionRecovery 1.0: A freeware tool to recover accidentally deleted partitions (Windows Freeware).
- PhotoRec 6.12b: Tool to Recover File and pictures from Dos/Windows/Linux (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- Prosoft Media Tools 5.0 v18.104.22.168: Another excellent data recovery software with many other options. (Dos Commercial).
- Recuva 1.37.488: Restore deleted files from Hard Drive, Digital Camera Memory Card, usb mp3 player… (Windows Freeware).
- Restoration 3.2.13: A tool to recover deleted files (Windows Freeware).
- Smart Partition Recovery 3.3: Find Lost NTFS partitions and restore them back. (Windows Freeware).
- SoftPerfect File Recovery 1.2: To restore accidentally deleted files from hard drive, USB flash drives, CF and SD memory cards (Windows Freeware).
- TestDisk 6.12b: Tool to check and undelete partition from Dos/Windows/Linux (Windows/Dos Freeware).
- Unstoppable Copier 4.4: Allows you to copy files from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give errors when reading data. (Windows Freeware).
- ERUNT 1.1j: The Emergency Recovery Utility NT Registry Backup and Restore for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP (Windows Freeware).
- Fix HDC: Fix the Hard Drive Controller when replacing your motherboard on an XP system (Windows Freeware).
- Glary Registry Repair 22.214.171.1242: An advanced registry cleaner that allows you to safely scan, clean, and repair registry problems (Windows Freeware).
- RegFromApp 1.21: Monitors/exports the Registry changes made by the selected application. (Windows Freeware).
- Registry Editor PE 0.9c: Easy editing of remote registry hives and user profiles (Windows Freeware).
- Registry Restore Wizard 1.0.4: Restores a corrupted system registry from Xp System Restore (Windows Freeware).
- Registry Viewer 4.2: Registry Viewer/Editor for Win9x/Me/NT/2K/XP (Dos Freeware).
- RegScanner 1.82: Tool to find/search in the Registry of Windows (Windows Freeware).
- RegShot 1.8.2: A registry compare utility that allows you to quickly take a snapshot of your registry and then compare it with a second one: done after doing system changes or installing a new software product (Windows Freeware).
Remote Control Tools
- TeamViewer 1.85: Access any remote computer via Internet just like sitting in front of it, even through firewalls. (Windows Freeware).
- TightVNC 1.3.10: Cross-platform Remote Desktop Software to view/control remote pc with mouse and keyboard (Windows Freeware).
- DiskCryptor 0.9: High speed disk encryption tool to encrypt all disk/partitions, including the system partition encryption support (Windows Freeware).
- TrueCrypt 6.3a: On-the-fly Linux/Windows disk encryption tool, can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk, can also encrypt an entire HDD/Partition/USB Drive (Windows Freeware).
- Autoruns 10.01: Displays All the entries from startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys, Explorer shell extensions,toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, Scheduled Tasks, Winsock, LSA Providers, Remove Drivers and much more which helps to remove nasty spyware/adware and viruses. (Windows Freeware).
- HijackThis 2.0.4: A general homepage hijackers detector and remover and more (Windows Freeware).
- Silent Runners Revision 61: A free script that helps detect spyware, malware and adware in the startup process (Windows Freeware).
- Startup Control Panel 2.8: A tool to edit startup programs (Windows Freeware).
- Startup Monitor 1.02: It notifies you when any program registers itself to run at system startup (Windows Freeware).
System Information Tools
- Astra 5.46: Advanced System info Tool and Reporting Assistant (Dos Freeware).
- BlueScreenView 1.26: Scans minidump files for BSOD (blue screen of death) crash information (Windows Freeware).
- CPU Identification utility 1.18: Detailed information on CPU (CHKCPU.EXE) (Dos Freeware).
- CPU-Z 1.54: It gathers information on some of the main devices of your system (Windows Freeware).
- CTIA CPU Information 2.7: Another CPU information tool (Dos Freeware).
- Drive Temperature 1.0: Hard Disk Drive temperature meter (Windows Freeware).
- GPU-Z 0.4.3: A lightweight utility designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU (Windows Freeware).
- HDTune 2.55: Hard disk benchmarking and information tool. (Windows Freeware).
- HWiNFO 5.5.0: S powerful system information utility (Dos Freeware).
- Navratil Software System Information 0.60.38: High-end professional system information tool (Dos Freeware).
- PC Wizard 2010.1.94: Powerful system information/benchmark utility designed especially for detection of hardware. (Windows Freeware).
- PCI 32 Sniffer 1.4 (2606): Device information tool (similar to unknown devices) (Windows Freeware).
- PCI and AGP info Tool (2606): The PCI System information & Exploration tool. (Dos Freeware).
- SIW 2010.0428: Gathers detailed information about your system properties and settings. (Windows Freeware).
- Speccy 1.02.156: An advanced System Information tool for your PC (Windows Freeware).
- SysChk 2.46: Find out exactly what is under the hood of your PC (Dos Freeware).
- System Analyser 5.3w: View extensive information about your hardware (Dos Freeware).
- UnknownDevices 1.4.20 (2606): Helps you find what those unknown devices in Device Manager really are (Windows Freeware).
- Update Checker 1.037: Scans your computer for installed software and checks for newer releases on FileHippo (Windows Freeware).
- USBDeview 1.70: View/Uninstall all installed/connected USB devices on your system (Windows Freeware).
- Bart’s Stuff Test 5.1.4: Long term heavy stress testing storage devices (Windows Freeware).
- CPU/Video/Disk Performance Test 5.7: a tool to test cpu, video, and disk (Dos Freeware).
- Disk Speed 1.0: Hard Disk Drive Speed Testing Tool (Windows Freeware).
- H2testw 1.4: Check your USB Flash memory cards, internal/external hard drives and network drives for errors with this tool (Windows Freeware).
- HDD Scan 3.2: HDDScan is a Low-level HDD diagnostic tool, it scans surface find bad sectors etc. (Windows Freeware).
- IsMyLcdOK (Monitor Test) 1.02: Allows you to test CRT/LCD/TFT screens for dead pixels and diffective screens (Windows Freeware).
- PC-Check 6.21: Easy to use hardware tests (Dos Commercial).
- S&M Stress Test 1.9.1: CPU/HDD/Memory benchmarking and information tool, including temperatures/fan speeds/voltages (Windows Freeware).
- System Speed Test 4.78: It tests CPU, harddrive, ect. (Dos Freeware).
- Test Hard Disk Drive 1.0: A tool to test Hard Disk Drive (Dos Freeware).
- Dial a Fix 0.60.0.24: Fix errors and problems with COM/ActiveX object errors and missing registry entries, Automatic Updates, SSL, HTTPS, and Cryptography service (signing/verification) issues, Reinstall internet explorer etc. comes with the policy scanner (Windows Freeware).
- Disable Autorun: A small tweak which disables processing of autorun.inf to protect your PC from usb autorun viruses (Windows Freeware).
- Disable Compress Old Files: This registry tweak is useful when Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding While Compressing Old Files (Windows Freeware).
- EzPcFix 126.96.36.199: Helpful tool when trying to remove viruses, spyware, and malware (Windows Freeware).
- InstalledCodec 1.15: Disable/Enable Installed Codec drivers and DirectShow filters (Windows Freeware).
- KeyTweak 2.3.0: A program to Remap Keyboard Layout, you can even customize a broken key to an unused key (Windows Freeware).
- Protect a Drive from Autorun Virus: Protect your pen drive from being infected when you plug it in an infected PC. (Windows Freeware).
- RemoveWGA 1.2: Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications Removal tool (Windows Freeware).
- RRT: Remove Restrictions Tool 3.0: To Re-enable Ctrl+Alt+Del, Folder Options and Registry tools etc. (Windows Freeware).
- Shell Extensions Manager (ShellExView) 1.47: An excellent tool to View and Manage all installed Context-menu/Shell extensions (Windows Freeware).
- ShellMenuNew 1.01: View/Change the list of all menu items in the ‘New’ submenu of Windows Explorer (Windows Freeware).
- Show Hidden Devices: Device Manager hides nonpresent devices that are not physically present in the system, but still have configuration information in the Registry. (Windows Freeware).
- TweakUI 2.10: This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in Windows Xp (Windows Freeware).
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker 2.1: A TweakUI Utility for tweaking and optimizing Windows Vista (Windows Freeware).
- Write Protect USB Devices: Tweak your PC to make USB Pen Drive, Memory Card or Thumb Drive as Read Only (Windows Freeware).
- Xp-AntiSpy 3.97.9: it tweaks some Windows XP functions, and disables some unneeded Windows services quickly (Windows Freeware).
2007-04-03 10:36:05 - Operating System/Rating: Windows XP
2007-06-09 13:39:31 - operating system/rating: windows 2000.
- Upload Software
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
Windows » Utilities » Norton Ghost
- Official Website: http://www.symantec.com
- Company: Symantec Corporation
- Recently added version: Norton Ghost 15.0
- Most Popular Version: Norton Ghost 6.03 - 125,721 Downloads
Norton Ghost Latest Version
Norton ghost 15.0, norton ghost popular version, norton ghost 6.03, select version of norton ghost to download for free, do you have software version that is not currently listed, need a software version that is not currently listed, norton ghost description, other internet software.
- .Net Framework
- Alcohol 120
- BartPE Bootable Live Windows CD DVD
- CDBurnerXP Pro
- Daemon Tools
- dBm to Watt Converter
Norton Ghost Comments
Top 5 contributors.
Get points for uploading software and use them to redeem prizes!
OldVersion.com provides free software downloads for old versions of programs, drivers and games. So why not downgrade to the version you love?.... because newer is not always better!
- ©2000-2023 OldVersion.com.
- Design by Jenox
OldVersion.com Points System
When you upload software to oldversion.com you get rewarded by points. For every field that is filled out correctly, points will be rewarded, some fields are optional but the more you provide the more you will get rewarded!
So why not upload a peice software today, share with others and get rewarded! click here to upload software>>
Symantec Ghost Boot CD 188.8.131.5273
- Backup & Recovery
Free Download Symantec Ghost Boot CD for Windows PC. It can create and restore backup images of the entire disk, partition, or individual folders, allowing you to recover the system even when everything seems compromised.
Overview of Symantec Ghost Boot CD
Ghost can back up and recover the essential data stored on your computer. It works by making a full system image of your computer, which can be restored in the event of a hard drive failure or if you can’t enter your operating system, allowing you to pick up working without losing data.
The Symantec Norton Ghost Boot CD for Windows from Symantec allows you to create a complete system backup that you can use to restore your computer in case of a hard drive failure or significant system problem. Ghost allows you to back up to any media type, including CDs, DVDs, external hard drives, or Iomega Zip and Jazz disks. You can even schedule incremental backups, allowing you to back up only items that have changed since your last backup. A ghost is an excellent option for quickly backing up and restoring your computer system.
Features of Symantec Ghost Boot CD
- The software features advanced features such as incremental backups, scheduled backups, and triggered backups to help optimally protect the data stored on your computer system.
- Ghost features a LightsOut Restore feature that allows you to restore a system via on-disk software. This facilitates restoration without the need for a bootable CD. You'll also be able to create a virtual disk image, compatible with VMWare and Microsoft formats, from a recovery image.
Leave a comment.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Ghost, originally released in 1995 by Binary Research and later under Symantec with the "Norton" title, is a PC cloning and imaging tool. It can image and restore drives to drives of different sizes, supports many different file systems, and supports many different archiving and communications methods. Ghost 7.5 and earlier support running from DOS. Later versions are Windows-only.
Wanted: Earlier versions, proper re-dumps.
Symantec Ghost Boot CD 12 ISO Free Download
Download Symantec Ghost Boot CD 184.108.40.20697 x86 / x64 Symantec ISO is that the name of the new boot disk for creating and recovering backups of all system information. As you recognize, computer systems are wont to store large and sensitive information and data.
Symantec Ghost Boot CD 12 ISO Description
A method to make sure the safety and stability of this information is backup. The software that we’ve considered for you during this article from Yas Download site, is actually a boot disk that will copy all of your data without the necessity to access the Windows environment and recover it at any time.
With the assistance of Symantec Ghost Boot CD 12 Free Download, you users can copy all disk data, and partitions, and simply recover them. Download Symantec Ghost Boot CD works without the necessity to access Windows, in fact, by burning this boot disk to CD / DVD / USB, you’ll copy all of your data or, if you encounter a mistake, quickly restore your previous backups. Restore and restore the system to its previous state.
Features Of Symantec Ghost Boot CD 12 ISO
- Ability to burn boot disks to CD / DVD / USB disks.
- No need for a Windows environment for backup / restore.
- Ability to completely backup data, Windows, and partitions.
- Very easy recovery of backups.
- Name: Symantec_Ghost_Boot_CD_220.127.116.1197_x64.rar
- File Size: 423 MB
- After Extract: 499 MB
- Publisher: Symantec
- File Type: Rar File
- Update Date: July 19, 2020
- Languages: English
Password for file: “123“
McAfee Stinger 18.104.22.1684 Free Download
Dr.Web Security Space 11.0.3 Free Download
AVG AntiVirus Free 2017 Free Download
Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 Offline Free Download
Avast Pro Antivirus 2017 Free Download
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Download
A ajuda contra o roubo de identidade começa aqui.
Inclui recursos de proteção de identidade para ajudar a monitorar e responder a ameaças de identidade.
Selecione seu idioma na lista abaixo
- Português (do Brasil)
- Canada Français
- Español (LAM)
Oriente Médio África
- Português (Europeu)
- Español (EMEA)
- English (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
- English (Asia Pacific)
- English (Australia)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (India)
Ghost Solution Suite
Ghost .gho image to .iso.
Migration User Jun 30, 2011 06:00 PM
Migration User Jun 30, 2011 11:47 PM
Edward Tippelt Jul 01, 2011 03:17 AM
Migration user jul 01, 2011 10:01 am, edward tippelt jul 01, 2011 10:49 am, migration user jul 01, 2011 05:20 pm, migration user jul 01, 2011 06:43 pm, edward tippelt jul 02, 2011 04:40 pm, migration user jul 02, 2011 05:09 pm, edward tippelt jul 03, 2011 12:55 pm, 1. ghost .gho image to .iso.
Is there any simple way to convert ghost image .gho to iso? Thanks
2. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
If you mean to simply convert the content inside a .GHO to a ISO, that's not easily possible because the semantics of the two don't really line up very well. The ISO 9660 and UDF filesystems don't have many of the capabilities of NTFS/ext3/etc which .GHO images are designed to preserve, and therefore if you want to perform such a format conversion then it's up to you to work through those differences in capabilities to determine what you want to happen.
If you happen to mean put a .GHO in an ISO image along with Ghost, then there's a tool for that in Ghost Solution Suite, the Ghost Boot Wizard. In practice, the currently available versions of the GBW are limited, because of the extreme age and poor design of the optical disk code in it. The current editions of GBW contains a number of hard limits on the size of ISO 9660 filesystem it will build, along with limits on the types of media it supports; it's not possible to use the full capacity of even a dual-layer DVD, let alone a Blu-Ray drive.
In 2009 around the time Symantec shut down active development of Ghost, I had rewritten all the optical-disk code in the GBW to remove all the hard-coded limits and add full support for dual-layer DVD and all types of Blu-Ray media; however, that work was done in the Ghost Solution Suite 3.0 code line and was too complex to backport to GSS 2.5 because the optical disk code in GBW was shared with Ghost (let along the fact that we no longer had any staff or budget to effectively QA it).
Given the readily availability of third-party tools to work with ISO images and larger drive capacities, it's probably best to build a base ISO with the GBW and then use that as a template for mastering new ISOs which contain the desired image, given that dual-layer and Blu-Ray media are preferable for modern image sizes.
3. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
How do you want to use the ISO ?
4. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
Thanks for the response. Actually we have to install window 7 on specific computer for some testing purpose. We got window 7 image in .gho form. I just have to install that image to computer. We were using Ghost server before but now we dont have license for that and we moved to WDS but right now in short i just have to install that specific window 7 ghost image to one of the computer.
I dont want to go into this .gho. I just want to either convert it to .iso so that i can easily install it.
5. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
An iso is not going to make it possible to install an image in any way I can imagine.
A ghost image is a recording of the contents of sectors on the hard disk plus additional information about the partition. As Nigel indicated, converting it to an ISO would not be straightforward and would not achieve your objective either, as it would not create an installable image in the way that a Windows 7 installation iso is written.
Depending on the version of Ghost used by the creator of your Win 7 image, it may not be a viable image either. Only the latest GSS version 22.214.171.1246 can image Win 7 successfully, and again, there are two partitions that need to be captured, not just one.
Don't waste your time. Get a normal Windows 7 installation disk and install that instead. You may have to gather some drivers (although Win 7 is pretty good at finding them using Windows update) but it's going to be a lot quicker than trying to use the Ghost image without a current Ghost environment.
Finally, if the image was created using Norton Ghost then this happens to be a different product to Ghost Solution Suite.
6. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
Depending on the version of Ghost used by the creator of your Win 7 image, it may not be a viable image either
That's actually not accurate; the changes for Windows 7 support were absolutely microscopic, and didn't involve the image format. There's nothing about Windows 7 that wasn't in Vista, in fact, it's just that the split-load method which Windows 7 installations tend to want to use do was not the install default for Vista (in Vista, splitloading was only really used for Bitlocker installations).
Basically, the work for this lives in the restore side, in the adjustments made to ensure that the system is still bootable; generating a new MBR disk signature if a disk restore is being performed and replacing the volume mounts stored in the restored system's registry to reflect this, along with BOOT.INI adjustments in versions of NT prior to Vista, or BCD edits for Vista/Win7 (along with the other bits and bobs Ghost has always done to adapt changes in volume size and disk geometry).
These restore-side processes need to do a lot of work to probe what kind of system the target is, and in the case of split-load Win7 installs there's just a few changes to the process to make it fire-and-forget (you actually could do split-load restores manually with the earlier GSS 2.x versions but there's a quite specific process that you'd have to follow, as with Bitlocker deployments).
7. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
Depending on the exact nature of the relationship between you and the person or organization you are doing this testing for, they may well be able to assist you; the organization you are assisting can employ VAR licenses for Ghost; these are used by computer manufacturers to deploy machines and also allows them to build recovery images and bundle a restore-only version of the Ghost cloning executable which allows that image to be redeployed to the same hardware. Since VAR licenses explicitly are designed for resellers, they don't have the same prohibition on sublicensing that the normal licenses do.
[ I'd note, by the way, that although sublicensing has been explicitly forbidden by the normal EULA, in practice it's something that is not uncommon; companies that perform outsource IT services sometimes purchase tools like Ghost Solution Suite on their own account, to be used on the machines owned by (thus, in effect on behalf of) the companies they are contracted with. In essence, as long as all the client machines which Ghost is used with can be traced to a license, it's mostly a case of "no harm, no foul"; Symantec's main interest in sublicensing derives from it being used to aggregate purchases to achieve bigger volume discounts. But as Symantec isn't being denied the license revenue it's due if things were done strictly by the book, no-one really cares. ]
Depending on the identity of the organization you are working with, they may already use VAR licenses but if not they are extremely inexpensive.
We were using Ghost server before but now we dont have license for that
Just to be clear, Ghost is not and has never been licensed on the basis of servers; Ghost instead is licensed on the basis of clients to which an image is deployed/from which one is taken. If you have a client license for some particular version of Ghost, then any and all of the tools in the edition of the suite being licensed - including the various server components as well as boot disks and what have you - can be employed with that client machine. Essentially, everything in the suite is an adjunct to the client license; even if it's not code that is run on the client, it exists to aid the client deployment.
For a machine to have a .GHO deployed to it, via any method, that machine must have a suitable client license and that license stays attached to that machine until it is (in the specific term used in the EULA) "put beyond use", which in practice means that the deployed image is erased from the machine via some method such as a disk wipe (at which point the license can be reassigned to a different piece of client hardware).
The license that is attached to a client to permit use of Ghost with it is perpetual and does not expire, until it is removed as I describe above.
8. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
Nigel, the version of Ghost used to create the image is unknown, and I recall a recent posting of yours ( https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ghosting-error-windows-7 ) which stated that earlier versions did not handle BCD edits. It would be nice to assume that the providers of the Ghost image used a version that could handle BCD edits, but experience has shown that it is dangerous to assume anything.
9. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
Sure, but the BCD edits (and disk signature changes, etc) are all handled on the restore side - they have to be. It matters a lot which version you restore with, vastly less what version you capture with. The majority of the changes to Ghost tend to affect the restore side, in fact, because its methodology for capturing images is so simple - almost everything clever anyone needs it to do is on the restore side.
Basically, what you wrote clearly implied that if the image was captured with an old version it won't be deployable, but it's the version you use at deployment time that matters. Plus, there's also the option of using disk signature preservation - while that's not a good idea in deployment scenarios, for a one-shot deal like this it's not likely to be a big deal getting the image restored in older versions.
10. RE: ghost .gho image to .iso
That is something I did not realise - thank you for filling that hole in my knowledge...
New Best Answer
the People and
FOR the people!
How to Download and Use Norton Ghost 15 Boot CD ISO
Norton Ghost 15 is a powerful backup and recovery software that can help you protect your data and restore your system in case of a disaster. However, sometimes your system may be so infected with malware or corrupted that it won't boot up normally. In such situations, you need a bootable recovery tool that can scan and remove the threats that prevent your system from starting.
norton ghost 15 boot cd iso download
That's where Norton Ghost 15 Boot CD ISO comes in handy. This is an ISO image file that you can download from the official Norton website and burn to a CD or USB drive. You can then use this bootable media to start your computer and run Norton Ghost 15 in a pre-OS environment. This way, you can access your backup images, restore your system, or perform other recovery tasks without loading Windows.
In this article, we will show you how to download and use Norton Ghost 15 Boot CD ISO to fix your system problems.
Step 1: Download the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file
The first step is to download the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file from the Norton website. This file contains the Norton Ghost 15 software and other tools that you can use to recover your system. To download the file, follow these steps:
On your computer, open a browser and go to the following URL: https://norton.com/nbrt[^1^]
Follow the on-screen instructions to download and save the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file on your computer.
Step 2: Burn the ISO file to a CD or USB drive
The next step is to burn the ISO file to a CD or USB drive that you can use to boot your computer. You can use any software that can create bootable media from ISO files, such as Nero, PowerISO, or Rufus. For this example, we will use Rufus, which is a free and easy-to-use tool that you can download from https://rufus.ie/. To burn the ISO file to a CD or USB drive, follow these steps:
Insert a blank CD or USB drive into your computer.
Download and run Rufus from https://rufus.ie/.
Select your CD or USB drive from the Device list.
Click Select and browse to the location where you saved the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool ISO file.
Make sure the Boot selection is set to Disk or ISO image.
Click Start and wait for Rufus to create the bootable media.
Step 3: Boot your computer from the CD or USB drive
The final step is to boot your computer from the CD or USB drive that you created in the previous step. To do this, you may need to change the boot order in your BIOS settings or use a boot menu option. The exact steps may vary depending on your computer model and manufacturer, but here are some general guidelines:
Restart your computer and press the appropriate key (such as F2, F12, Del, Esc) to enter the BIOS setup or the boot menu.
Select the CD or USB drive as the first boot device and save the changes.
Exit the BIOS setup or the boot menu and wait for your computer to boot from the CD or USB drive.
Step 4: Use Norton Ghost 15 Boot CD ISO to recover your system
Once your computer boots from the CD or USB drive, you will see the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool interface. From here, you can use Norton Ghost 15 to perform various recovery tasks, such as:
Scan and remove any malware or threats that prevent your system from starting normally.
Restore your system from a backup image that you created with Norton Ghost 15.
Create a new backup image of your system using Norton Ghost 15.
Copy files and folders from your hard drive to another location using File Browser.
Access other tools such as Command Prompt, Registry Editor, Disk Management, 0efd9a6b88
008 – Symantec Norton Ghost Recovery USB disk
Norton ghost srd boot from usb (flat file).
- Download the ISO from here
- Extract the contents to a new folder on your hard disk (e.g. using SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive from here or any other ISO extraction/mounting tool)
- Run RMPrepUSB and select
- 1. MAX size
- 2. Volume label SRD or anything else you prefer
- 3. WinPE v2 (BOOTMGR)
- 5. Set to your extracted folder and tick the Copy Files box
- 6. Click Prepare Drive
- When finished Click on Eject
Now go try it!
NORTON BOOTABLE RECOVERY DISK BOOT FROM AN ISO FILE
1. Download the utility from here and use it to make an ISO file
2. Copy the ISO to your grub4dos USB drive (made using RMPrepUSB and the Install grub4dos button) to the \_ISO\ folder on your USB drive
3. Mount the ISO and copy the NBRTSTRT.exe file and the two folders under the \Sources folder (i.e. the two folders DRIVERS and SYMANTEC_NBRT )
4. Add the following to your menu.lst file (press F4 in RMPrepUSB)
Easy2Boot (E2B) is popular multiboot USB solution that also contains agFM and Ventoy. It supports both Legacy and UEFI. Simply copy on your bootable ISO files to the E2B USB drive and boot! Boot to DOS, Linux, Windows Install ISOs (XP>Win11), automate Windows installs, WIM files, VHD files, images of flash drives, Linux ISO+persistence, etc.
The following eBooks (in PDF format) are available from the developer (rated 4.5/5 stars).
- Getting started with Ventoy
- Getting started with grub4dos – Free YouTube video course on grub4dos here
- E2B eBook #1: Getting started with E2B – How to make a multiboot USB drive using Easy2Boot
- E2B eBook #2: How to install Microsoft Windows using Easy2Boot
- E2B eBook #3: How to make a UEFI multiboot Easy2Boot USB drive
- E2B eBook #4: UEFI-multiboot using the a1ive grub2 File Manager (agFM)
Also visit Easy2Boot.xyz and the my blog – please subscribe for the latest news, tips, USB boot articles and news of free eBook updates.
8 Free Disk Cloning, Imaging, Backup And Restore Freeware
Home » Freeware and Software Reviews » SSD, HDD, RAM & Flash Memory
Norton Ghost was the best free disk imaging software until Symantec decided to put a price tag on it and eventually discontinue the product, the last version is Norton Ghost 15 and is being replaced by enterprise version Symantec System Recovery for business.
See More ▼ 20 Free Bad Sector, Corrupted, Damaged Hard Disk Data Recovery
Almost all laptop computer manufacturers such as HP, Dell, Asus, Lenovo, Apple, Acer and more no longer provide Microsoft Installation DVDs, Windows operating system are now hidden in a ‘secret’ drive within C drive. The reason being that – It is better for the environment. and Faster formatting and installation time.
The only drawback is what if your hard disk crashed? What if you decided to upgrade your SATA hard disk to SSD hard disk? How do you go about replacing your hard disk together with the Windows software in it? You can’t copy the files since it is hidden, you have no choice but to ‘clone’ it. Without further ado, here are 5 methods and software that enables you to clone your laptop and desktop hard disk.
Microsoft Windows 10 Backup Settings comes free with all Microsoft Windows operating systems. This feature enables you to create a duplicate copy of your drive with additional hidden drives. A Windows Complete PC Backup image contains copies of your programs, system settings, and files. It is a complete system backup that you can use to restore the contents of your computer if your hard disk or entire computer ever stops working.
Rescuezilla is an open-source easy-to-use disk imaging app that’s fully compatible with Clonezilla — the industry-standard trusted by tens of millions. Yes, Rescuezilla is the Clonezilla GUI (graphical user interface) that you might have been looking for. But Rescuezilla is more than a Clonezilla GUI!
Disk imaging makes a backup of your computer’s hard drive which is managed as files stored on an external hard drive. If your hard drive fails, you can restore your disk image and within a few minutes all your documents and settings will be restored to the exact same state they were in when the last snapshot was taken.
Rescuezilla lets you perform backup, restore and recovery actions, even if you aren’t able to boot into your regular operating system. It does not matter if you use Windows, Mac or Linux. It doesn’t matter if you can’t even login. Download and write the ISO to a USB stick, and reboot your machine. Your computer will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer’s memory without writing any information to your hard drive. Rescuezilla has the most features coupled with the simplest, most user-friendly interface:
- Easy graphical user interface boots from USB in seconds
- No installation needed; runs from a USB stick or a CD-ROM
- Saves and restores Windows, Mac and Linux machines
- Fully interoperable with Clonezilla, the industry-standard trusted by tens of millions
- Supports images made by VirtualBox, VMWare, Qemu and all known open-source imaging frontends including Clonezilla!
- Easily mount any supported image and copy out your files (beta)
- Access your files even if you can’t log in
- Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
- Internet access with a full-featured browse
2. Redo Rescue
Redo Rescue, formerly Redo Backup and Recovery, is a free backup and disaster recovery software. It runs from a bootable Linux CD image, features a GUI that is a front end to the Partclone command line utility, and is capable of bare-metal backup and recovery of disk partitions. It can use external hard drives and network shares.
When disaster strikes, Redo Rescue restores your system to perfect condition in minutes, overcoming unforseen damage, malware, accidental deletion, hackers, mistakes, and bad luck. Restore your system to a blank new drive and be up and running in minutes and preserve drive layout and restore data to different parts of the target drive.
G4L is a hard disk and partition imaging and cloning tool. The created images are optionally compressed and transferred to an FTP server or cloned locally. CIFS(Windows), SSHFS and NFS support included, and udpcast and fsarchiver options. Backing up Windows partitions requires the use of a bootable G4L CD or running g4l via grub4dos.
- Raw compressed images of Disks or Partitions
- Create Images to ftp server, or sshfs, or windows cifs or nfs or local device
- Create NTFSCLONE compressed Images
- memtest to confirm good ram
- Hardware Detection Tool (HDT)
Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image® or Norton Ghost®. It helps you to do system deployment, bare metal backup and recovery. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (server edition).
Clonezilla live is suitable for single machine backup and restore. While Clonezilla SE is for massive deployment, it can clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously. Clonezilla saves and restores only used blocks in the hard disk. This increases the clone efficiency. With some high-end hardware in a 42-node cluster, a multicast restoring at rate 8 GB/min was reported.
- Many File systems are supported: (1) ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, reiser4, xfs, jfs, btrfs, f2fs and nilfs2 of GNU/Linux, (2) FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS of MS Windows, (3) HFS+ of macOS, (4) UFS of FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, (5) minix of Minix, and (6) VMFS3 and VMFS5 of VMWare ESX. Therefore you can clone GNU/Linux, MS windows, Intel-based macOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Minix, VMWare ESX and Chrome OS/Chromium OS, no matter it’s 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x86-64) OS. For these file systems, only used blocks in the partition are saved and restored by Partclone. For unsupported file system, sector-to-sector copy is done by dd in Clonezilla.
- LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not) under GNU/Linux is supported.
- Boot loader, including grub (version 1 and version 2) and syslinux, could be reinstalled.
- Both MBR and GPT partition formats of hard drive are supported. Clonezilla live also can be booted on a BIOS or uEFI machine.
- Unattended mode is supported. Almost all steps can be done via commands and options. You can also use a lot of boot parameters to customize your own imaging and cloning.
- One image restoring to multiple local devices is supported.
- Image could be encrypted. This is done with ecryptfs, a POSIX-compliant enterprise cryptographic stacked filesystem.
5. Macrium Reflect Free
Macrium Reflect Free is a Free Disaster Recovery that works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 (32 and native 64 Bit) and Windows 10. It is the fastest disk imaging and cloning software! What makes this different from others is the support for GUID Partition Table, also known as GPT.
GPT is meant as a replacement to hard drives using a MBR partition table, which has a 2.20TB size limitation and extends upon UEFI. Using GPT a drive could support between 8 and 9.4 ZB depending on the sector size. Some of the more unique features are:
- Access images in Windows Explorer.
- Schedule backups.
- Linux Rescue CD.
- Windows PE Rescue Media (RAID support).
6. Acronis True Image WD Edition
Acronis True Image WD Edition Software helps you to completely clone your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive. Cloning makes an exact copy of your old system drive on your new WD hard drive, including the operating system, applications, data, preferences, and email settings.
Everything will be present and operate exactly as it did on your old hard drive. Acronis True Image WD Edition now supports WD Advanced Format Drives and ensures that all partitions are optimally aligned. Key Features of Acronis True Image WD Edition Software:
- Drive Cloning – Copies the source drive to a new WD drive, leaving all data on the source drive.
- Drive Migration – Erase the source drive after the new WD drive has been imaged.
- Drive Deployment – Enables users to prepare a WD drive so that selected folders or partitions can be excluded from the destination image.
- Drive Image Backup – The long-term usage of the Drive Kit software will be to provide full drive image backups of a source drive at any time. Backup drive images will be stored as a file, which can be copied to any direct attached drive, network attached storage drive or optical media (CD/DVD).
- Drive Image Recovery – The Recovery Manager enables users to restore a drive image from a direct or network attached drive. The Recovery Manager can also either erase just a portion of the drive to be used for the restored drive image, or all of the previous OS.
- Create a Bootable Standalone Recovery Manager – With the Drive Kit software, users can create a bootable ISO image file, which contains the WD Drive Kit Standalone Recovery Manager software.
- Recover a Drive Image from the Bootable Recovery Manager Software – The bootable Standalone Recovery Manager enables users to recover a drive image from either a CD/DVD drive, a direct attached drive, or a network attached drive.
- Download the Data Lifeguard Tools software (Acronis True Image WD Edition and user manual and the WD diagnostic tool) and follow the instructions provided to complete the installation.
7. Acronis True Image Seagate DiscWizard Edition
Seagate DiscWizard only works with Maxtor and Seagate disc drives. The software lets you quickly install your new disc drive with wizards that guide you through the processes of creating and formatting partitions on your disc drive, transferring data, and backing up your data.
8. AOMEI Backupper Standard
Suffer a lot from data loss? Or worry about what will happen to you in the future? Then, why not backup your system, disks and files in advance, and once accidents happen, restore them all back immediately. AOMEI Backupper Standard is an all-in-one Free System backup and recovery software which is easiest and faster for users, even if you aren’t an IT expert.
- Backup system and create a system image to keep Windows and applications safe.
- Back up entire hard disk or specified partitions, or just cloning them.
- Save time and effort with automatic backup and incremental backup only for modified or added files.
- Clone a smaller HDD to a larger HDD for disk upgrade, or clone HDD to SSD for better performance.
- Back up your most important files and folders on a regular basis.
9. EaseUS Disk Copy Home
[ Not Free Anymore ] EaseUS Disk Copy Home is a faster & easier disk cloning software with reliable & powerful data backup and restore features to fully protect your data and computer. This is very useful because have an exact copy of all your files and Windows settings at any given time. This is a brilliant disk clone, SSD migration and hard disk upgrade solution. Unlike the free ‘Backup and Restore’ disk cloning function in Windows, EaseUS comes with more features, such as:
- Incremental and differential backup – Only backup changes made since the previous backup, saving time and storage space.
- Schedule backup – Flexible backup scheduler allows backups to run based on daily, weekly, monthly or event.
Why It Is Important To Have A Backup Copy Of Your Hard Disk?
Murphy’s law, anything bad that can happen will happen. It is always better to be safe than sorry, thus, buy a USB portable hard disk and keep a backup copy of all your files.
Recommended for you:
Free? “EaseUS Disk Copy Home” isn’t free!
Thanks for notifying us, it used to be free, we use it many times. We’ll update and remove the link. Thanks again.
HI. AOMEI now also wants money for cloning a disk.
AOMEI Backupper Standard frer for MBR to MBR only and wants upgrade to Pro for GPT>GTP and MBR>GPT.
Glad to see AOMEI Bakcupper. I have used it to back up system and disk and it works well.
As a pro user (and Linux user too), I suggest Clonezilla: I succesfully created and restored both Linux and Windows (7, 8, 8,1, 10) several times. It’s free, always updated and bootable (it runs from a live CD/USB).
Just one thing: Clonezilla has different architectures for different targets and two branches: one based on Debian and one (called “Alternative”) based on Ubuntu. You can usually run the Alternative version (i386 or AMD64, it depends on your PC) on every modern OS.
BUT REMEMBER: If you have to create and image of an UEFI based PC, you HAVE to use the “Alternative Stable 64 bit Version”. The Alternative 64 bit version supports both uefi and secureboot. All the other versions (included 64 bit debian based one) don’t support secureboot.
One good thing of Clonezilla is that it creates a compressed (about 50% as default) image of the USED SPACE and not of all the disk or patition.
Finally, if you can manage the Linux command line it has a lot of tools you can use to recover data, check disk health and so on…
WARNING! If you have to check and repair NTFS file system you HAVE to use the classic “ckdsk /f” from a Windows bootable live (you can use the official iso from Microsoft website: Linux support for NTFS fix is not still complete and not always effective. For Linux filesystem (e.g. ext4) you can use “fsck” (see the Man page for usage), which is more or less the equivalent of chkdsk in Windows.
Enjoy it! :-)
Hi Bert, great comment! I use Clonezilla too, but sometimes I need to use alternative software when I need clone a hard disk with higher size to a small one. What you suggest? And other issue is clone from a small hd to a bigger. The bigger stay with the size of the small and I don’t find a solution in Clonezilla to adjust these parameters. Any suggestion? Thanks.
Go to expert mode: For small to large use -k1 For large to small use -icds (as long as you know you have enough space to fit the image size)
I use Ghost for Linux, start it with g4l or use the Partedmagic CD/usb booto or use the g4l bare iso. G4L never lead me down. I started with other software, Clonezilla lead me down 2 times, unacceptable in the imaging/backup world. G4L was the next one and although it looks for some people “old fashioned”… it works great and thats what i need for our Debian systems.
For our Windows systems I’ve used Ghost 11.x till Win10 … it does not work. There were work around options reported but never tried them. Such a software should be reliable out of the box. For Windows I now used AOMEI Backupper Standard Free. It works extremely simple and so far all my trials (I recently started) look great. I found out that is seems better to download the Win PE environment via the menu rather than using the iso internally.
i have a 210MB hard drive that is for industrial computer. i’m trying to clone over to a new hard drive. the hard drive may have dos on it and the program to run the machine. all the duplicators i have found cant access this small of drive. any suggestions?
try the dos version of ghost. I use it on legacy machines.
I used to use Ghost many years back so I understand the . I have a HD that is on the fence (light stays on too long) so PC has slowed somewhat (win 7 ntfs). What should I use to clone these days. Free download wanted to create bootable CD and clone to new SATA drive. It’s a WD 3gb drive in a Vostro. Cheers. John
Gs Richcopy 360 for both backup and sync files and folders is simple and quick… This is the best I think and really easy to use
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
We will keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us!
Internet Archive Audio
- This Just In
- Grateful Dead
- Old Time Radio
- 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings
- Audio Books & Poetry
- Computers, Technology and Science
- Music, Arts & Culture
- News & Public Affairs
- Spirituality & Religion
- Radio News Archive
- Flickr Commons
- Occupy Wall Street Flickr
- NASA Images
- Solar System Collection
- Ames Research Center
- All Software
- Old School Emulation
- MS-DOS Games
- Historical Software
- Classic PC Games
- Software Library
- Kodi Archive and Support File
- Vintage Software
- CD-ROM Software
- CD-ROM Software Library
- Software Sites
- Tucows Software Library
- Shareware CD-ROMs
- Software Capsules Compilation
- CD-ROM Images
- ZX Spectrum
- DOOM Level CD
- Smithsonian Libraries
- FEDLINK (US)
- Lincoln Collection
- American Libraries
- Canadian Libraries
- Universal Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Children's Library
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Books by Language
- Additional Collections
- Prelinger Archives
- Democracy Now!
- Occupy Wall Street
- TV NSA Clip Library
- Animation & Cartoons
- Arts & Music
- Computers & Technology
- Cultural & Academic Films
- Ephemeral Films
- Sports Videos
- Videogame Videos
- Youth Media
Search the history of over 835 billion web pages on the Internet.
- Wayback Machine (iOS)
- Wayback Machine (Android)
- Explore the Collections
- Build Collections
Save Page Now
Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future.
Please enter a valid web address
- Donate Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape
Symantec Norton Ghost 2003
Share or Embed This Item
Flag this item for.
- Graphic Violence
- Explicit Sexual Content
- Hate Speech
- Misleading/Inaccurate/Missing Metadata
plus-circle Add Review comment Reviews
Uploaded by Javier Caballero on December 28, 2020