Our expert, award-winning staff selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. Reviews ethics statement
Drift HD Ghost action camera review: Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink action cam
It might be pricey, but it has a ton of features and very good video quality.
- More than two decades experience writing about PCs and accessories, and 15 years writing about cameras of all kinds.
There's no shortage of options when it comes to action cams, but Drift Innovations' Drift HD Ghost manages to differentiate itself with design and features.
Drift HD Ghost action camera
The bottom line.
Rather than the wide, blocky design of camcorders like the GoPro line , the Drift HD Ghost has a slimmer and longer bullet-shaped body. Though the shape isn't quite as good for chest mounting, it is better for POV mounting on the side of goggles, masks, and helmets. The shape also gives it room for a built-in Gorilla Glass-protected 2-inch LCD for framing and playback and a battery big enough to supply up to 3 hours of recording time. Plus, it's removable so you can put a new one in if you need to keep shooting.
There's built-in Wi-Fi for connecting to iOS devices (and eventually Android, too), which can be used to frame shots, change settings, start and stop recordings, shoot photos, and play back video. You can also transfer movies to your smartphone for viewing, editing, and uploading.
That's really just the start of what this thing offers, which is good because it's not cheap at $399. And you really are paying for features here since its video is just above average for a higher-end action cam.
In the box Even the most basic action camera comes with a couple of mounts to get you started; Drift goes beyond that, so you don't immediately feel like you need to go out and spend more money.
Included in the package along with goggle and flat- and curved-surface mounts is a wearable RF remote for starting and stopping recordings and changing shooting modes. Colored LEDs give you visual feedback so you know what you're doing, and the remote can be used to control multiple cameras (should you have the need and finances).
Two things you won't find are a protective housing and a memory card. The HD Ghost takes microSDHC cards of up to 32GB, but one isn't included. This isn't uncommon with action cams (or other cameras for that matter), but it means you'll have to get one before you can start shooting.
The lack of a housing is because the camera is pretty tough on its own. The battery, card, and ports are all under a removable hatch on the back with a waterproof seal, helping make the whole device waterproof down to 9 feet. The lens is replaceable in case it gets damaged, and with the screen protected with Gorilla Glass, the camera can take a good deal of abuse. The polycarbonite housings used with GoPro and other cameras, especially the waterproof ones, will be able to stand up to more, but minor drops shouldn't be an issue for the HD Ghost.
Design and features For ease of use, having an LCD built in makes a big difference, not only when setting up your shots, but for changing settings, and quickly playing back clips or photos to see if you got the shot you wanted. On the opposite side of the body, there's a standard quarter-inch threaded mount, giving you more mounting options than just the quick-connect mount that comes with the camera.
The camera measures 1.3 inches wide by 2 inches high by 4.1 inches deep and weighs 5.9 ounces. Strapped to the side of a helmet or pair of goggles, you won't exactly forget it's there, but it's not overly big, either. The lens covers a field of view of 170 degrees, giving you a wide, distorted view. You have to be careful just how far back you mount the camera or you may cut off one side of your video with whatever it's attached to. (You can change the angle of view, but it appears to do this digitally, which degraded video quality some.)
If your picture isn't quite straight enough when mounted or you had to turn the camera to a horizontal position, the lens rotates up to 300 degrees, so you can level things out. Depending on how it's mounted, it can be difficult to test what your picture will look like using the LCD, which is where the Wi-Fi comes in handy.
The Wi-Fi is only meant for connecting directly to a smartphone. At the time of this review just an iOS app was publicly available; an Android version was in beta, and there are no plans for a Windows Phone version.
The app gives you a live preview of what the camera sees, as well as full control over settings and the power to start and stop recordings or take pictures. While settings can also be changed with the large buttons on top of the camera, if you're making a lot of changes, the menu system is tedious to navigate; using the app is a much better experience. Still, it's nice to have both options.
Again, the battery, memory card slot, and ports are all at the back of the camera. There's a Mini-USB port for transfers and charging, it has a Micro-HDMI out, and there's a 3.5mm jack for connecting an external mic. The camera comes with two hatches to cover all of this up, one that's waterproof and one that's more splash-resistant with covered openings for the USB and mic jack.
Shooting options Recording resolutions are plentiful on the HD Ghost. It can be set to record in MP4 and MOV formats in 1080p at 25 or 30 frames per second; 960p (4:3 aspect ratio) at 25, 30, or 50fps; 720p at 25, 30, 50, or 60fps; and WVGA at 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, or 120fps. Set to any of these resolutions at 25 or 30fps, the camcorder can simultaneously capture movies and photos.
You can set the camera to record everything until you run out of space or use a Flashback Video Tag/Loop mode that shoots video in a continuous loop letting you save only events you tag, up to 5 minutes after they happen, creating instant clips for sharing.
The HD Ghost can also be used for burst-shooting 5-, 8-, or 11-megapixel photos at up to 10fps as well as time-lapse photos, snapping off shots at 0.5-, 1-, 2-, 3-, 5-, 10-, 30-, or 60-second intervals.
Video quality Editors' note: We are currently in the process of testing and reviewing as many of the latest action cameras we can get our hands on. Because of this, the video quality analysis that follows is largely based on our experience with minicamcorders that use similar components to action cameras.
For the HD Ghost's $399 price, it's not unreasonable to expect great video quality. Keep in mind, though, that a lot of what you're paying for here is features. In general, its movies are very good and most users will be pleased with the results. Its 1080p shows nice detail without looking overprocessed. However, if you've got a scene with a lot of movement or a complex subject, you will see more artifacts and a loss of detail. These things are common to the category, though. (Basically, if you like what you see in the clips above, you should be happy with what this camera can do.)
Color, while maybe not as punchy as some competitors, are very good as is its white balance. Sudden exposure changes are handled well, too, but highlights blow out pretty easily.
There were also aliasing artifacts and there's a fair amount of chromatic aberration (purple fringing) in high-contrast areas. And if you're shooting in low light, you'll notice an increase in noise/artifacts. That's not unusual, though, and well-lit indoor video was still watchable.
Dropping the resolution definitely costs you some detail, but the 720p/60 video is still very good. In the end, the results are above average, especially considering the flexibility of the camera and all it can do.
Audio quality is fine, but for action videos you're probably going to want to turn the mic off anyway or you'll be capturing a lot of wind noise. For still subjects, the built-in mic did a decent job and there are three levels of sensitivity adjustment. And you can always plug in a better external mic, which you can't do with other cameras.
Like many camcorders, the HD Ghost takes better video than photos. Just because a photo is 11 megapixels doesn't mean you're going to get a lot of fine detail. They're good for sharing online or small prints, but don't expect to do a lot of enlarging and heavy cropping.
Conclusion If you're looking for an action cam that you can take out of the box, pop a memory card into, and start shooting with, the Drift HD Ghost is certainly worth considering. Its video quality is very good, but it's the whole package that makes the HD Ghost a standout.
- COMPARE OUR CAMERAS
- Drift Innovation Apps
- Create account
GLOBAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE
FREE SHIPPING ON US ORDERS OVER $50
Find out how to mount, setup and use your Drift camera the best way!
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 1. Opening the box & Getting started
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 2. How to use the Video & Photo settings
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 3. How to use the Time-lapse & Photoburst settings
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 4. Using the Two-way Remote Control
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 5. Video Tagging Explained & Setup
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 6. Out of the box mounting
Drift HD Ghost Tutorial: 7 Using the WiFi App
To Ensure the Best Service Please Select From the Stores Below
Drift HD Ghost Review: 1080p hardcore camera action
The action camera known as the HD Ghost is one that Drift innovation delivers as their premiere top-of-the-line on-the-go media collector for the next mobile-friendly generation. With it, you're going to be able to collect 1080p HD Video, 11 megapixel photos, and up to a massive 120fps video (in VGA mode). The basics for a top-tier action camera are all here – now it's all about making sure we've got the connections we need to compete with the the other big guns in the industry.
Here with this hardcore amalgamation of metal, soft-touch plastic, and real-deal Gorilla Glass protection, you've got a camera that's ready to be tossed around. Of course you're going to want to treat this several hundred dollars worth of electronics with the care that such a price describes, but you should take rest in the fact that this device was indeed built to take a hit or two. The Drift HD Ghost is water proof to 3m (9.84ft) right out of the box , too – mind that correction in the hands-on video here:
The Drift HD Ghost works with what Drift notes is an "Enhanced 7 Element Lens Design". In this case they note that with seven separate unique elements right up front, you'll be able to capture high clarity video with "stunning" color no matter where you're filming. You'll be able to judge that for yourself in the set of images and video we've got below, should you care to take a look. This unit's lens works at 170 degrees (or just 130 degrees at 60fps) and is fully rotate-friendly – and it's so tightly connected you'll never turn when you don't want to!
In addition to being able to capture audio right from the built-in microphone on the device, you've also got a 3.5mm microphone connector coming out the back. This port is accessible with one of several in-box backs you can attach to the device, each of them with their own unique purpose. The back we've got on the device here also allows you to connect directly to your computer through the device's mini-USB port. Under the back you've also got a mini-HDMI port (Type c) so you can play videos and videos you've captured straight through an HDTV!
Inside the box you've also got a goggle mount, curved and flat surface mounts, a universal camera clip, and a velcro strap. The battery you get with this camera is 1700mAh strong and has lasted us over a week at a time with regular use – it's almost magical. And if you need more time away from civilization, Drift sells individual batteries you can swap in and out. Also in the box is a miniUSB cable, 3.5mm microphone extension cable, accessory travel case, and a simple guide (if you happen to need it).
This device uses its own unique user interface and software as you'll see plainly in the hands-on video above. It also connects easily with your iPhone right out of the box using wifi. All you'll need to do is click in to the settings on the camera, turn on wifi, and connect to the camera as you would on your iPhone to any other wifi network – the HD Ghost is the projector of said wifi signal rather than the receiver. Control works then through your iPhone with the free Drift App straight from the iTunes app store – it's just called "Drift App" .
This device also connects to an included two-way remote that works with a couple of buttons that make operating extremely simple. Turn it on, connect, and you'll have only to press record from there. This "Drift Active Status Two-Way Remote" allows you to capture media from up to 30 feet (10 meters) away wirelessly in each of the device's main capture modes: Video, Photo, Timelapse, and Photoburst.
In short – the software is surprisingly simple to use given the four-button control you'll be using on the camera itself. Connecting remotely is even simpler than the basic on-device experience, too – anyone can do it. This control panel interface also works in 15 languages so the whole universe can have a try.
Video and Photos Examples
This device is able to capture 11 megapixel photos, but more than likely you'll be working mainly with video capture at 1080p at 30fps. Our first example of video is captured from a shopping cart exiting a department store in the evening on an otherwise snow-covered clear day. Note that this capture was done with the straight out-of-box camera experience, no attachments or audio enhancements made – standard mic, that is.
The camera has thus far proven itself to be a generally generous video capturer, though not one we'd use outside of hardcore situations that require such protection for the unit itself. In other words, if we're heading to a birthday party and where a gift opening needs to be filmed, it makes a bit more sense to simply use a smartphone. If we're jumping off a cliff with a parachute, it's time for the Drift HD Ghost. Below you'll see a collection of photos captured with the device as well. Note that the wide-view angle is one of the stronger points of excellence on this device.
The Drift HD Ghost is a strong device in its ability to attach to a variety of equipment and capture video and photos on-the-fly. It's extremely easy to use, and outputs media that you'll be more than pleased you captured. Drift Innovation is the sort of company you know will continue to support this device, also, into the future – so official accessories and replacement parts will be available to you for some time to come – they're already several cameras deep!
Right this minute you'll be able to pick up the Drift HD Ghost action camera for around $399.99 brand new. Again, it's the highest-end solution offered by Drift and it's a real contender in this space!
Have a peek at the Looxcie HD Explore as well as the ContourROAM reviews we've done in the past to see what else is available out there for you, and note that GoPro Hero series is also available to you as one of the high-end solutions in this space. Mobile connections are hot, hardcore action is a must, and right this minute the Drift HD Ghost is one of the top pacesetters for this type of device, without a doubt!
- Best Smart Plugs
- Best Smart Blinds
Drift HD Ghost Review
“The Drift HD Ghost is an excellent quality, very complete POV camcorder – with a handy remote control to boot.”
- Outstanding HD video quality up to 1080p
- Two-way remote control
- Rotating 3-way field-of-view lens
- Wi-Fi for off-camera viewing on smartphones
- Included accessory mounts
- Quirky menu interface
- MicroSDHC memory card: tricky to insert, easy to lose
- Wi-Fi ad hoc only
Older generation point-of-view, or POV, camcorders were clunky, low resolution, and expensive. But, now with flash memory recording and higher-resolution sensors, the newest POV camcorders have become tiny, easy-to-use, affordable. No company has made as big of an impact in this sector as GoPro, and now there are POV camcorders available from a variety of manufacturers, big and small.
One such new entry is the HD Ghost ($399), from newcomer Drift Innovation. The HD Ghost has features that will appeal to a wide variety of videographers – whether you like extreme sports videography or not. Don’t let its size fool you: It does.
Features and design
The HD Ghost records both high-definition video and high-resolution JPEG images. For video, three Hi-Def settings are available: 1080p, 960p, and 720p. At the highest 1080p, you can shoot at 30 frames per second. At 720p, 25, 30, 50, or 60 fps are your options. Video is recorded in either popular MP4 (a heavily compressed format that allows for easy sharing) or QuickTime MOV formats. For stills, JPEG images can be recorded at 11-, 8-, and 5-megapixel resolutions. Video or stills are displayed on the built-in 2-inch LCD monitor. All images are recorded on an optional microSDHC card, with support up to 32GB.
The HD Ghost has a seven-element, three-way field of view (FOV) lens, which focuses from 0.5 meters to infinity. The FOV is menu-selectable at three settings: a super-wide 170, a standard wide 127, or a normal 90 degrees. The lens manually rotates 300 degrees to achieve any orientation you might desire.
The camcorder is also waterproof down to 10 feet, so it can easily be used in a variety of wet scenarios. Just make sure that the back cover, which opens for access to the removable battery, ports, and card slot, is tightly sealed. Built-in Wi-Fi allows the HD Ghost to communicate and display video with iOS devices through the free Drift Mobile App (as of this writing, it’s coming soon for Android ). A built-in microphone captures high quality but mono audio; an external input jack is available for higher-quality external microphones.
As for ergonomics, the HD Ghost is compact, measuring only 4.1 x 2 x 1.3 inches and weighing 5.9 ounces. It won’t get in the way when it’s attached to your body, helmet, or goggles, with the included mounting fixtures.
… the HD Ghost comes equipped with an industry first, two-way LED remote control.
Four operational modes are selectable from menu icons: Video, Photo, Time Lapse, and Photo Burst. In the Video mode (camcorder icon) you can select resolution, frame rate, FOV, and exposure. In Photo mode (Photo icon) you set the resolution, FOV, and exposure. Two other modes, Time lapse and Photo Burst, offer further creative control. Time lapse allows a single image to be captured, while Photo Burst allows multiple images to be automatically taken, both at specific time intervals.
Unlike some other POV cams, the HD Ghost comes equipped with an industry first, two-way LED remote control. It can be worn like a wristwatch with the provided wrist strap, and it’s rechargeable through a provided USB cable. Two large buttons are used to either start or stop recording. Green LED lights show the camcorder is ready to record, and Red LED lights confirm recording is in progress.
The LCD screen is tiny and your eyes might have a problem seeing the menu settings. If you own an iPhone or iPad, you can use the aforementioned free Drift Mobile App as a secondary viewing source. With the HD Ghost set in an ad-hoc (device to device) Wi-Fi mode, you see the camera’s video and menu options on your iOS device. This is so cool, because it helps you see the menus better and aids in framing up a shot properly. You can also trigger the HD Ghost to start or stop recording from the iPhone, great for using the camcorder for remote shots. Unfortunately, you can’t use the Wi-Fi setting to connect to a computer or wireless network for transferring purposes.
A series of included accessories make the package ergonomically complete: two adhesive plates for firmly mounting the camera to a helmet; a goggle mount to attach the HD Ghost to your ski goggles; remote control; and a wrist strap for the remote control.
What’s in the box?
The black HD Ghost camera and all of its included accessories are securely housed in a sturdy, well-designed white plastic box. We don’t normally get excited about packaging, but Drift Innovation spent some time thinking about this (putting things back in it, however, might be a challenge). Also included are a high-capacity rechargeable battery, rechargeable remote control with wrist strap, universal clip, mounting fixtures, goggle mount, USB cable, microphone extension cord, sealable connector hat, and a quick guide. The battery is recharged in-camera.
Performance and use
We used the HD Ghost in a variety of scenarios to test out its versatility and ease of use. In one scenario, the HD Ghost was attached to a hybrid street/mountain bike, and in the other we shot an up-close and personal performance by a pianist.
Normally one would attach the HD Ghost to a helmet using the provided fixtures, but since no helmet was available, we needed a different method of mounting. We improvised with a bike reflector mount on the front handlebar. Removing the reflector, we adapted it with a 0.25-inch bolt to hold the HD Ghost camera firmly in place.
We selected 170-degree FOV and 1080p recording mode for the highest quality, and pointed the camera straight ahead. The iPhone Ghost app gave us a great way to check the framing off-camera. Off we went, starting and stopping the Ghost with the remote control attached to our wrist. Red LEDs on the remote confirmed when recordings were taking place. Later, back home we attached the HD Ghost to a computer via a USB cable and transferred the video files.
… the 1080p resolution showed excellent detail, almost as good as more expensive camcorders.
In the second scenario, we recorded a pianist, Gary Poirot, at the piano keyboard during his performance. Since the complete show ran for more than two hours, we wanted to confirm if a 32GB memory card and a fully charged battery would capture it all. We set up the HD Ghost at the edge of the piano, using a mini Gorillapod tripod, and taped it down with gaffers tape. The lens was rotated 90 degrees to orient the image properly on the tripod. The widest 170-degree FOV showed not only a unique view of the piano performing at the keyboards, but also covered him when he turned away to speak to the audience. And hardly anyone noticed the camera!
Later, in the playback on our TV, the 1080p resolution showed excellent detail, almost as good as more expensive camcorders. Unfortunately, the audio was distorted because we failed to set a midrange level for the internal microphone sensitivity (one of three is possible). And yes, the battery and memory card lasted the entire performance, with room to spare.
One thing we don’t like is that it records onto microSDHC memory cards. It’s a necessary evil, however, as it keeps the camera compact. The problem with microSDHC, as anyone with certain smartphones can attest to, is that they are somewhat tricky to insert and remove, not to mention easy to lose too. But the most noticeable nitpick is the menu interface and its navigation. The four buttons are tricky to navigate, with their icon-based sub menus. However, with experience, this navigation process can be mastered.
The HD Ghost is an excellent quality 1080p HD POV camcorder – with a handy remote control, to boot. It also also shoots high-quality JPEGs. The free iPhone application is also a nice bonus that’s actually useful. Different types of mounts are included to make the HD Ghost package very complete, without the need to buy more accessories.
If you can get over the tricky user interface – eventually you will – the HD Ghost delivers consistent, high-quality HD video and stills.
- Ghost of Tsushima reportedly getting review boosted on Metacritic
- Product Reviews
- Wearable Reviews
Sony unveiled the three games subscribers to any tier of PlayStation Plus will get in December: Lego 2K Drive, PowerWash Simulator, and Sable. That's a solid batch of games, with Sable being a personal favorite indie darling from 2021.
Lego 2K Drive from Visual Concepts and 2K was released in May of this year and essentially combines the open-world racing spirit of the Forza Horizon games with the charm of a world entirely made out of Lego. It has some egregious microtransactions, but our three-star review of Lego 2K Drive also called it "a chaotically fun kart racer with a standout single-player mode." Meanwhile, everything you need to know about Powerwash Simulator is right there in the title. You use a variety of power-washing tools to clean up the gunk coating various environments. It even has DLC that crosses over with the likes of SpongeBob SquarePants, Tomb Raider, Back to the Future, and Final Fantasy VII.
Intel's about to add a whole lot of new chips to its list of top processors, and we just got a peek at a few of them out in the wild ahead of time. According to a new leak, upcoming Dell XPS and Alienware laptops will feature some of Intel's latest Meteor Lake CPUs, including the Core Ultra 7 and Core Ultra 9. However, Intel's previous-gen Raptor Lake processors are also making a surprising appearance in the lineup, which isn't a great sign.
Windows Report posted an exclusive leak that shows us a whole range of high-end laptops, which the publication predicts should be announced during CES 2024. This includes ultrathin Dell XPS 13, 14, and 16 laptops, but there are plenty of options for gamers too, including the Alienware m16 R2, x16 R2, and m18 R2. All of these laptops are said to feature Nvidia's best GPUs from the RTX 40-series.
Well, now we've seen it all. You may have heard of dual GPU setups in the past, but combining AMD and Nvidia in the same system? Even if you're using two of the best graphics cards, that's always going to be tricky. However, it's now been done and benchmarked, and the results are shockingly good -- with a few major caveats.
QuasarZone took a chance on this, as the outlet itself admits, "crazy idea," and it turned out better than most of us might have expected. The publication combined an Nvidia RTX 4090 with an RX 6600 to try to use both GPUs at once. The goal wasn't just to see whether it was possible for it to work but rather to try the combined power of Nvidia's DLSS 3 and AMD's Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF). The latter is still in the technical preview stage.
- Camera & Photo
- Sports & Action Video Cameras
Add to your order
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use are covered from day one. Malfunctions are covered after the manufacturer’s warranty.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- TERMS & DETAILS: More information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at [email protected].
- Unlimited Devices: Covers electronic purchases made on Amazon in the past two years from enrollment plus future Amazon purchases including computers, tablets, TVs, office devices, gaming consoles, headphones, cameras, connected devices, home theater electronics, Amazon devices and more.
- Claim Limit & Fees: $3,000/12-month period claim limit for the total cost of all repairs, replacements, and reimbursements across all claims. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send an Amazon e-gift card or replace the device. A $99 service fee will apply to claims on products with a purchase price of $500 and up.
- We've Got You Covered: Plan begins 30 days after enrollment and covers mechanical and electrical malfunctions, regardless of the manufacturer's warranty. Plus drops, spills and cracked screens during normal use for portable devices.
- Expert Tech Help: Real experts are available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and more.
- Low Monthly Billing: $16.99 plus tax billed monthly, cancel anytime. THIS PROGRAM IS MONTH-TO-MONTH AND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL CANCELLED. Coverage for all products ends 30 days after plan is cancelled.
Enjoy fast, free delivery, exclusive deals, and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime Try Prime and start saving today with fast, free delivery
Amazon Prime includes:
Fast, FREE Delivery is available to Prime members. To join, select "Try Amazon Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery" below the Add to Cart button.
- Cardmembers earn 5% Back at Amazon.com with a Prime Credit Card.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Delivery
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Listen to over 2 million songs and hundreds of playlists
- Unlimited photo storage with anywhere access
Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the free trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a monthly membership.
- Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges
- Learn more about free returns.
- Go to your orders and start the return
- Select the return method
2 Year Camera Accident Protection Plan
3 year camera accident protection plan, asurion tech unlimited protection with tech support – breakdown coverage for desktops, gaming devices, and more plus accident protection for portable electronics like laptops, tablets, and headphones.
- To view this video download Flash Player
Drift Ghost XL Action Camera, 1080P FHD 30FPS Video, 300 Degree Rotating Lens, 9 Hour Battery Life, IPX7 Waterproof Sport Motorcycle Camera, Support External Mic with 32G SD Card and Accessories Kit
Purchase options and add-ons
About this item.
- 📹【Drift Bullet Design Style】Drift sport cameras are designed in a "bullet" style, meeting the needs of extreme sports enthusiasts to reduce wind resistance during high-speed sports. They are very suitable for racing motorcycles and downhill skiing enthusiasts to use.
- 📹【1080P High Resolution Video and Images】1080P recording, great performance even during low light conditions, 12MP for stills, this digital camera takes stunning clear videos and images.
- 📹【Superior 9 Hours Battery Life】The Ghost XL action cam comes with a built-in 3000mAh powerful battery which provides up to 9 hours of continuous use in Full HD 1080P, you can record a whole days event without stressing that your battery will die. Perfect for daily commuting, record your short journeys and not have to charge frequently.
- 📹【IPX7 Waterproof】The Drift helmet camera enjoys IPX7 waterproofing without requiring additional case, can be submerged up to 1 meter in water, giving you reassurance that you can use the camera in wind, rain or shine. With a secure TRS waterproof connection, Drift include waterproof adaptor cables to connect to a USB power supply or external audio source. Whether it's a rainy day or a thrilling water sport, capture your aquatic adventures without worrying about water damage.
- 📹【330° Rotatable Lens】The Drift action camera allows users to find the appropriate shooting angle no matter where the camera is fixed. Lens rotation allows adjusting of image level. Accommodating mounting on varied surfaces whilst ensuring straight shots, where the horizon is parallel to the recording frame.
- 📹【Clone Mode】The ultimate tool for video production or capturing more than one shot. Clone Mode allows simultaneous recording and synchronised setting adjustments for linked cameras. Users can sync up to 10 cameras to the same clone network via Wi-Fi. Start just one camera and all networked cameras start. Change the mode one one, and all cameras update to the new mode. Press record on one, and all cameras start recording.
- 📹【Dash Cam Mode】Drift's dash cam mode, the camera records continuously and automatically when plugged into a USB power supply, when power is no longer present, or ignition is turned off the camera completes the interval and turns off. Memory capacity is no longer a worry, as the camera will overwrite the oldest video when the memory is full. This feature is perfect for security purposes and evidence with constant recording and keeping of latest videos.
- 📹【Event Detection】This motorcycle camera has a premium event detection feature based on state of the art gyro sensor, the gyro sensor kicks in if your vehicle is hit and begins recording, automatically activating recording when you’re in an incident. A perfect choice for daily commuting and traffic-related insurance claims.
- 📹【Wi-Fi and BT Enabled, Exclusive APP 'Drift Life'】Unleash your creative genius anywhere - Download the 'Drift Life' mobile app, offering 10GB of free cloud storage. Effortlessly sync and access your media, edit on the go with intuitive precision, and share your stunning creations with the world.
- 📹【Modular Design for different Scene】Drift adopts a modular design, allowing users to match external batteries, monitors, etc. according to different professional scenarios. With a waterproof TRS 3.5mm adapter cable, so that you can plug in your external microphone (optional). Perfect for vlogging or placing the microphone near your engine to hear the nice rumbles. With the port being waterproof, you can use the microphone in rain without stressing about damaging your camera.
Consider a similar item
Frequently bought together
Similar items that may ship from close to you
Visible screen diagonal.
1" / 3 cm
To report an issue with this product or seller, click here .
Technical details, additional information, warranty & support, what's in the box.
- 1 x Ghost XL camera / 1 x Universal Clip / 1 x Flat Adhesive Mount / 1 x Curved Adhesive Mount / 1 x Mini USB Cable (charger) / 1 x TRS 3.5mm adapter connection / 1 x TRS USB power connection
Compare with similar items
Looking for specific info, videos for this product.
Click to play video
Drift Ghost XL
Drift Innovation Official Flagship Store
Drift Ghost XL 1080P Action Camera
- First-person view wearable sports camera
- Video resolution: 1080P/30FPS,HDR Mode. 720P/60 FPS,30FPS
- Image resolution: 12MP/8MP/4MP
- Exposure: -2 / -1 / 0 / 1 / 2
- White Balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent / Incandescent
- ISO sensitivity: Auto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800
- Water resistance : This camera is waterproof to 1M.
- Sensor : SONY CMOS
- Shooting angle : 90°/115°/140
- Weight : 133g
- WiFi : 2.4G
Drift Ghost XL 1080P Motorcycle Camera
Camera Key Features
1080p full hd 30 fps / 720p 60 fps / 12mp photo.
- 9 Hours of Battery Life
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Full HD 1080P
- 300-degree Lens Rotation
- Bluetooth enabled - compatible with Bluetooth remote control
- Dashcam Mode, Event Detection
- Video Lapse & Photoburst, Video Tagging
What's in the box?
- 1 x Ghost XL camera
- 1 x Universal Clip
- 1 x Flat Adhesive Mount
- 1 x Curved Adhesive Mount
- 1 x Mini USB Cable (charger)
- 1 x TRS 3.5mm adapter connection
- 1 x TRS USB power connection
Drift Ghost XL Action camera
Drift ghost xl action camera have 9 hours of recording time.
- The Ghost XL action camera has a built-in 3000mAh lithium battery. A fully charged battery can record for 9 hours continuously.
The Ghost XL sport camera features a built-in CMOS sensor and 1080P ultra-high image quality, making it as easy to use as a smartphone. With its airtight and waterproof body, up to 1M.
Drift Ghost XL 1080P Helmet Camera
[3000mAh battery for longer recording time]
- The camera have a built-in 3000 mAh battery. A full charge will keep recording for 9 hours. You can connect a battery or power supply for charging, There is no need to worry about the battery running out of power at all, and you can comfortably shoot for a long time
Product guides and documents
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
Reviews with images
Submit a report
- Harassment, profanity
- Spam, advertisement, promotions
- Given in exchange for cash, discounts
Sorry, there was an error
- Sort reviews by Top reviews Most recent Top reviews
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. please try again later..
Top reviews from other countries
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
- DRIFT Manuals
- Security Camera
- User manual
DRIFT HD Ghost User Manual
- Quick manual (11 pages)
- Quick start manual (20 pages)
- Manual (93 pages)
- page of 22 Go / 22
Table of Contents
Precautions, using the camera.
- Initial Setup
- Powering on and off
- Formatting a Micro SD Card
The Camera Menu System
- Recording Video
- Video Mode Settings
- Capturing Photos
- Photo Settings
- Capturing Timelapse Sequences
- Timelapse Settings
- Capturing Photoburst Sequences
- Photoburst Settings
- Video Playback
- Viewing Photos
- Viewing Timelapse
- Viewing Photoburst
- Deleting Files
- Date and Time
- Camera Settings Profiles
The Two-Way Remote Control
- Pairing Camera to a Remote Control
- Using the Remote Control
- Fixing the Camera to the Universal Clip
- Mounting the Camera to a Drift Mount
- Lens Rotation
Conserving battery, updating firmware, camera care.
- Cleaning the Camera
- Cleaning the Lens and LCD Screen
- Cleaning the Seals
Related manuals for drift hd ghost, summary of contents for drift hd ghost.
- Page 1 user manual...
Page 2: Table Of Contents
Page 3: precautions, page 4: overview, page 5: using the camera, page 6: the camera menu system, page 7: video mode, page 8: photo mode, page 9: timelapse mode, page 10: photoburst mode, page 11: playback, page 12: camera settings, page 13: the two-way remote control.
- Page 14 two way remote control (cont’d) Pairing camera to a remote control - one to all A single remote control can be paired to an infinite number of cameras in a 10m range from the remote control, to enable footage to be captured from every angle.
Page 15: Shot Setup
Page 16: connectivity, page 17: conserving battery, page 18: updating firmware, page 19: camera care, page 20: technical specifications, page 21: warranty, page 22: disclosures, rename the bookmark, delete bookmark, delete from my manuals, upload manual.